Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal email accounts not using email "Name" field when sending mail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal email accounts not using email "Name" field when sending mail.

Hi there,
    Can anyone help me to get personal email accounts " name " field used when send mail instead of the users full name?
    Thanks
    Brad

I have already mentioned this here before.

Hello all, Is it possible to change the sender name of a mail to the name of the mail account? Currently, the first name and last name of the EspoCRM account is always used. In the settings of the personal email account (#EmailAccount/view/) you can enter the name of the account. We don't want the recipient to see the full

Comment

While in the EspoCRM UI for Personal Email Account there is no possibility to specify From Name, as it is implemented for Group Email Account

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisSka83 View Post
        I have already mentioned this here before.

https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...name-from-mail
        Thanks Chris, that was most useful and solved my issue - thanks again for taking the time to include the link

Comment

Hi there,
          I did try these as personal email accounts and then changed them to group email accounts, which works for the from field, as mentioned this is all good - but I now notice that in my desktop dashlet l have my inbox - currently only new email from my first group email account are showing here, new email for my second group email account only shows when I click emails > all. The strange behaviour is that I do have all the old emails from both my group account showing in my inbox

idealy I would like all my new group email feeding into my inbox - as it did when both my accounts were set to personal .

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comment

Brad,

In Email entity you see all emails available to you. For ease of viewing, you can create a filter for a specific Group Email Account (screenshot 1).

You can also create a Group Email Folder and configure the Email Filter for it:
            Although the way and means of communication have changed a lot over the past few decades, emails are still remaining one of the most important forms of business communication.

It is important not to confuse the Filter in screenshot 1, which is used in any entity, with the Email Filter.​
            Attached Files
            Last edited by victor; 05-14-2024, 11:01 AM.

Comment

victor - many thanks for your detailed reply.
              These group email accounts are all mine and not shared with other users - the whole setup was so I can set the "from" field for different personal email addresses.

Emails have to be added as group emails to be able to set the from field for each account.

I wanted all group mail in the default inbox - I think it is all working correctly now.

For anyone else wanting achieve this, these are the steps I took.

1) Setup group email accounts and set from field separately for each account.
              2) added the group email accounts to my user account
              3) created personal email accounts for these two email accounts but did not activate IMAP / SMTP as these are both active already in group emails

Results :
              emails all come into my inbox and when I click reply the correct email address to automatically selected and used to send the mail (with the correct from name)

Comment

Working...
              X