Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I limit which fields a user sees in a report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I limit which fields a user sees in a report?

Is there a way of limiting which fields a user can see in a List report? It seems that if a field has been included in a report, as long as the user has access to the entity and the record, they will be able to see the field, even if you have set their access to prevent this. Thank you

Hi Dave B,

As for viewing the List Report inside the instance, such functionality can be organized by restricting the viewing of certain fields in the Role of your User:

- In the Edit mode of a specific Role, scroll down to the Field Level and find Reports inside it.
    - Limit the visibility of the desired field, for example, Assigned User​.
    ​​
    - However, it is worth remembering that when we disable viewing of the Assigned User field in the List Report, we disable viewing of only the Assigned User in the Report, and not the Assigned User in the records contained in the List Report.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	105691​​
    ​​

Comment

• Dave B
      Dave B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you - but what I am trying to do is to limit the viewing of the fields in the records in the List Report

Dave B,

Apply ACL is not yet available for List Reports, for what reason I do not know. Maybe yuri will tell you when he has time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	67
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	105931
    Use Grid Reports for your case.​

Comment

Working...
    X