Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does this workflow not do what I think it should...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this workflow not do what I think it should...

The flow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	74
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	104870

What it should do.

We have an order flow. Accountmanager creates a Case and assigns it to team 100.
    Team 100 checks if everything is okay and passes it to team 200. When the Case is passed FROM team 100 TO team 200, it should create additional tasks related to this case.

Unfortunately it doesn't. What am I overlooking here?​

Basically you have described 2 or even 3 different Workflows. Specifically, on your screenshot, there is a discrepancy between the Trigger Type and Conditions: it is impossible to create a case and edit it at the same time.

1. Trigger Type and Conditions for the first Workflow should look something like shown in the screenshot 1.
    2. Trigger Type and Conditions for the second Workflow should look something like shown in the screenshot 2 or in the screenshot 3.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Victory, I'm having troubles understanding. Don't you agree this should work too? Otherwise I'm having difficulties understanding the flow.

Views:	34
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	105069

Comment

Your last Workflow, where:
        - Trigger Type: After record saved (created or updated);
        - First Condition, Modified by.Teams has "100 - Ordercheck Finance";
        - Second Condition, Teams has value "200 - Coordinatie"

will be triggered only when the record in Case entity was edited by a member of the team "100 - Ordercheck Finance" and the Teams field has the team "200 - Coordinatie".

If the Case was just created, this workflow will not work for the reason I mentioned in the previous post:

it is impossible to create a case and edit it at the same time
        And your first Condition involves editing the record in the Case entity by "100 - Ordercheck Finance".​
        Last edited by victor; 04-16-2024, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Victory, thanks, I think I understand but how can I trigger Workflow 2 from Workflow 1?

Flow 1:

Views:	33
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	105080

Flow 2:

Views:	26
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	105081

Comment

You don't need one workflow to trigger another. You need two separate workflows that will run separately. In the second workflow, the Trigger Type should be either "After record saved (created or updated)" or "After record updated".
            Last edited by victor; 04-16-2024, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X