Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigantic uploads folder

Hey guys!

So the uploads folder reached more than 700K records and it's almost impossible to check data through linux command line, is there any options (or roadmap to have one) on how to get out of such situation? May be use nested folders?

I need to access folders to perform certain backups, for example my /uploads folder is EFS, but I can't browse it, at all, it halts any system.

Thanks

Hi Russ,

Attachments can be stored on AWS S3: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat.../#file-storage.

Comment

Originally posted by victor View Post
      Hi Russ,

Attachments can be stored on AWS S3: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat.../#file-storage.
      wow, actually, very cool. So If I enable it today, all existing attachments may stay on current server, while new ones to appear on AWS?
      Last edited by Russ; 03-11-2024, 11:53 PM.

Comment

> it's almost impossible to check data through linux command line

It's not supposed to. You can check your attachments at Administration > Attachments. You can filter orphan attachments and delete them. Find largest ones.

Comment

yuri I had a look into that in my app. I can display all attachments or the orphans only. But I see e.g. one attachment (an image) in the orphans list, which is still in use, not deleted. I can see that by the ID.
        It would also be nice to have some more columns in the list view, like ID and deleted/not deleted (like in the MySQL database as 1 or 0).
        Can I modify the list display by editing the json for the list layout? Or wouldn`t you not recommend that?

Comment

> which is still in use. I can see that by the ID.

Where exactly it's used?

> deleted/not deleted

Not possible. Deleted just not listed.

Comment

I have a custom entity, where I have images. The example, I gave, was one image still in use in one record of that entity, but showed up in orphans, which I thought is for deleted images.
            I only tested with this one image, maybe there might be others marked as orphans, despite still in use.

Comment

In a field of Image type? Did you upload that image via the UI? Or maybe by some automation?

Comment

• shalmaxb
                shalmaxb commented
                Editing a comment
                yes, image type, upload from GUI

Originally posted by yuri View Post
              > it's almost impossible to check data through linux command line

It's not supposed to. You can check your attachments at Administration > Attachments. You can filter orphan attachments and delete them. Find largest ones.
              thanks

Comment

yuri, here screenshots from orphans and respective detail view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	orphans_list.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	103678

Name:	image_in_detail_view.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	103679

Comment

In what year was it uploaded? IIRC we didn't store the Related field in the attachment back in the day.

Comment

Record created 7.3.2024, image uploaded 8.3.2024
                    I also looked into the database, this record never had been deleted.
                    Last edited by shalmaxb; 03-13-2024, 01:24 PM.

Comment

What if you upload a new image? Would it be orphan?

Comment

Does the attachment has empty Parent are Related?

Name:	image.png
Views:	59
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	103701

Comment

all attachments do not have parent, all orphans do not have parent and related.
                          Not orphans have related.

In the moment I cannot upload new image, as it is a client`s installation.

Comment

Working...
                          X