Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EspoCRM migration to a new hosting server login problem

Hi everyone,

I have migrated an old EspoCRM (5.x) system to a new hosting server, database backup and restore, all files restored to the new hosting.

I can get normally to the login page on the new server installation but none of the users / passwords are working. Wrong username / password error message.

Everything seems to have migrated ok. What is wrong / missing?

Thanks,

Nuno
    Last edited by nunos; 02-20-2024, 11:23 AM.

Hi nunos,

- Please enable Debug mode in your instance on the new server: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#debug-mode.
    - Reproduce the error
    - Submit the EspoCRM error log. By default, log files are created in {ESPO_ROOT}/data/logs/ directory.​

Comment

Hi there,

Could you check if the
      Code:
      passwordSalt
      value inside the file
      Code:
      data/config-internal.php
      is still the same (from before your migration) ?
      This parameter is (re)generated when you install an EspoCRM (
      Code:
      install/core/Installer.php inside saveData() at line 392
      )

Regards,
      Firyo.

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        This is likely the problem. You can either reset the password or change the 'salt' (I remember this is the harder method). Luckily for me when I migrate like this I didn't have many account and just forced everyone to have new password.

Anyway from what I know. Salt is basically a random extra data that get add before your password is encrypted. That way if your database get leak, the true password is hidden and unknown and people can't use the same password/email/username to 'hack' other website.

Hi,
      it's really basic error : new server say : new php version certainly, all php extension installed.
      espoCrm v5.x is "senior" now.
      if new server, php is certainly newer.

Comment

Working...
      X