Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change/reset admin password

Hello!

Thanks in advance for the answers! Quick question: how can I reset the admin password using phpmyadmin? I have tried to use ”Forgot password”, but it does now work (maybe because the email sending details have not been set).

Hi

Install new instance with admin password. Then copy passwordSalt from data/config.php to your instance. Then you can copy hashed password from from database.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
      Hi

Install new instance with admin password. Then copy passwordSalt from data/config.php to your instance. Then you can copy hashed password from from database.
      Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I am kind of a newbie.

So, I am in phpmyadmin, under user table. I insert a new user and set him with 1 under is_admin. I put a password based on simple text, let us say ”pass”. But after that, where do I put the passwordSalt?

Or where do I install the new instance?

Sorry for not understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Cris00 View Post

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I am kind of a newbie.

So, I am in phpmyadmin, under user table. I insert a new user and set him with 1 under is_admin. I put a password based on simple text, let us say ”pass”. But after that, where do I put the passwordSalt?

Or where do I install the new instance?

Sorry for not understanding.
        Hello, another question if you may. When I try you recover your password, it says Forbidden, try later. Is there a way to bypass this?

Comment

Hello!

I have finally got the answer.

I installed ESPOcrm again in another directory, copied the passwordSalt from /data from the new install to the old one and copied the admin password from new install to the old install in the phpmyadmin.

Comment

Regarding Forbidden i'm not sure. Maybe change request was expired?

Comment

Well, I do not know, but got it fixed how I mentioned aboved. Thanks again!

Comment

This post is the first result when searching about that issue, even now in 2020. So I post this here for anyone needing to reset the admin password:
                As stated in the documentation, since EspoCRM 5.8.3 it is possible to do so:

Code:
                # where [username] is a user name, e.g. admin.
                php command.php SetPassword [username]

Comment

• czcpf
                  czcpf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When I try to run this this command it simply outputs
                  Enter a new password:
                  and returns the shell terminal, thus preventing the user from actually changing the password....

How do you run the php command if EspoCRM was installed in Docker containers ( used the automated install script)? The php command isn't recognized in this case. Thanks.

Comment

• lazovic
                  lazovic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can use the following command in CLI first:
                  docker exec -it espocrm bash

Thus, you actually find yourself in the EspoCRM root directory. Here you can run all the php commands.
              Working...
              X