Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing default types

Hey,

is it possible to change types like (relationship-)link-types, field-types etc. which were set by default? there are useful fields and relationships which I want to use but with another type..

For example, I want to edit the relationship-type:
    Campaign campaign One-to-Many contacts Contact

into

Campaign campaigns Many-to-Many contacts Contact

Creating a new relationship like this doesn't work, because
    Link with the same name already exists.

Thank you in advance

You can't change type of core relationships.

Comment

I have this working but I think I edited the entityDef directly.

The campaign field is the campaign that the user originated from (comes from the Lead conversion).

I think you're wanting to store which contacts the campaign has been sent to ?

In that case you can have this campaigns relationship in addition, however you will also need to have the record inserted to campaign_contact table at the same time as inserting a 'Sent' log record into campaign_log_record.

I'm not sure why this doesn't happen by default, as it allows you to see who has been marketed to with a particular campaign. It's a very simple change.

Comment

You can fix this by renaming the 'contacts' name to 'contacts2' or similar. The name is not important.

Comment

thank you @alasdaircr

yea you're right I want to list every contact which attended a campaign (event). because it is possible that one contact attended more than one campaign I need this relationship-type. I tried renaming it and it worked :thumbsup:

but can you tell me how to set search filter to this? I want to filter in "Contacts"-Entity the newly added relationship to "campaigns2", but it won't show up there. There is only the default field "Campaign" (One-to-Many relataionship-type)..

and also what do you mean by that:
          at the same time as inserting a 'Sent' log record into campaign_log_record.
          ?

greetings to you

Comment

Hi yeah so when a campaign is sent, it adds rows to the campaign_log_record table for each recipient. But you would need to modify the code so that when a 'sent' log is saved l it also adds the contact to the campaign.

So this needs to happen first, and then you can add the filter,

I will make up a patch because I am doing this exact thing and will post it for you. It's just a few changes.

Comment

• vtran
              vtran commented
              Editing a comment
              ok cool, thank you

This will apply against a current installation of Espo. Sorry but you'll need to figure out how to patch it yourself

I suggest you remove your customisations, and then Admin -> Rebuild and then refresh your browser. this only covers campaign sent from now onwards, not previous ones.

Also - this is only needed because there is no filtering of the Campaign Log Records which would be much more useful.........

Comment

By the way vtran I have a patch which introduces eventbrite support into Espo listing it as a separate activity beside Emails / Meetings etc.

Just incase you're using campaigns to track eventbrite events ?

Comment

Hey @alasdaircr,

cool patch there! When do you want to make your merge request? I'd rather wait for this before I patch it by myself..

I don't need eventbrite, but thanks anyway!

Have a nice weekend

Comment

Not sure they'll accept it? Can see what yuri thinks.

Comment

I will think

Comment

Working...
                    X