X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Dropping Less Secure Apps - Action Required for EspoCRM Users

THIS IS ONLY FOR GMAIL USERS
    Dear EspoCRM Community,

We want to bring to your attention a crucial update regarding Google's security measures.

Google has recently decided to discontinue support for Less Secure Apps (LSAs) beginning September 30, 2024, which may impact your EspoCRM. To ensure uninterrupted access and a secure connection, we recommend taking the following actions:
    1. Switch to OAuth with Google Integration Extension: Update your EspoCRM setup by integrating with Google using the OAuth authentication method. Google Integration extension provides a seamless and secure connection, enhancing the overall safety of your data.
    2. Alternative Solution - Email OAuth2 Proxy: For advanced users or those seeking an alternative solution, consider using the open-source Email OAuth2 Proxy available at https://github.com/simonrob/email-oauth2-proxy. This proxy offers a robust OAuth2 solution for your email integration needs.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and encourage you to make the necessary changes at your earliest convenience.
    Last edited by emillod; 01-19-2024, 10:56 AM.

Thanks for sharing this. However you should mention that this is only for client using google cloud i guess, it has nothing to do with users using other server providers.

Comment

rabii i agree, but i can't modify title of post. I added note at the beginning of my post

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing

Thank you for sharing the proxy repo, looks really useful

Comment

Working...
      X