Show Password request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Password request

I have a client asking about "show password" - they have about 150 people, some using public laptops so the password is not saved, and using the Generated Espo password.

To be sure they are typing in the correct, password, they want the "eye" button to see what they are typing e.g.29jSuiES

I don't see a request from the search, can this be added?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	167
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	96223

This feature is already in Espo, but as I am seeing the show password button isn't always showing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	24.4 KB ID:	96230

Comment

Interesting! They are on EspoCloud and this is the login

Views:	126
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	96235

Comment

you have to start typing on the password field and it will be shown.

try to write the password first and then the username

looks like there's a bug, if you switch field while writing the password the icon will not show anymore

Comment

I just thought of that, I installed 7.5.5 a few days ago, we use for training, same thing
          Let me try that on the cloud

Views:	138
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	96238

Comment

Looks like it is browser based!
            • Same result, using Brave browser, no Eye -
            • tried on WaterFox the Eye shows up just fine,
            • FFox nope but using an old version for testing other things
            Customer is apple oriented so I guess it doesn't work on Safari (SCHOOL PROGRAM heavy Apple iPad, etc. use)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	96241
            Last edited by crmclients; 08-07-2023, 08:16 PM. Reason: delete Safari ? found doc

Comment

From the documentation
              • We recommend using the latest versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. EspoCRM works the best in these browsers. We regularly test all features in these browsers.
              • Microsoft Edge and Safari are also supported, but there are less guarantees that everything will be working smoothly.

So it looks like it won't work for them. Thanks for confirming it does work!

Comment

So I guess my feature request is to include Safari / Apple in the "optimization" for testing browser results and test all features ...

for inspiration

:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	96248

Last edited by crmclients; 08-07-2023, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X