• Show
Clear All

• VCard

Hello,

is a VCard import and export planned?
    peter

Hi, I have the same question.

Comment

Could you give more info about how you would like to use vcard import or export.

Recently I did some research, and found out that very few other systems have this functionality. I though, maybe this feature is not that needed.

BTW it's possible to use Outlook Integration to sync contacts from EspoCRM to Office 365/Outlook.com.

Comment

Hi, the goal is to import/export contacts. In our company we use outlook, gmail and mail (macos). At the moment we have a gmail extension that allows export from espocrm. If we get the outlook extension, we will have a solution for outlook. For macos users we have nothing.

I was thinking of having a QR symbol next to the contact as a business card. A macos user usually has an iphone as well. By loading a QR business card he could create a contact for mac.

For imoprt from gmail, outlook and mail (macos) but here there is no option.

Comment

> For imoprt from gmail, outlook and mail (macos) but here there is no option.

Google has the ability to export Contacts to a CSV file. The CSV can be imported in Espo.

Comment

I think it's already possible with formula and qr code field. I don't think we need this implemented it in Espo.

Comment

You can actually do that already with some...minor manual Steps. Since you have the PrintToPDF function, you can print a PDF that stores all the information for VCARD in VCARD Format like this:

BEGIN:VCARD
            VERSION:3.0
            FN:M.Wo.
            ORG:GmbH
            TITLE:Technical Department
            ADR;TYPE=WORK,PREF:;;my street ;city;;zip;country
            TEL;TYPE=WORK,VOICE:+49 1234 5678 9
            TEL;TYPE=FAX:+49 1234 5678 -29
            TEL;TYPE=CELL:+49 111 123 456
            EMAIL:my@email.com
            URL;TYPE=WORK:http://www.mywebsite.com
            URL;TYPE=WORK:http://www.anotherwebsite.com​
            END:VCARD

You create the PDF from that, copy the text and then paste it in a texteditor and save as .vcf
            Now you have everything required. Adjust the VCard to your needs.

For example, if you want to add some notes, add

"NOTE:yuri is the go-to person for technical inquiries. He is highly knowledgeable and always ready to assist.​​"

after the last URL and before END.

yuri, i don't know how your PDF Library works, but it should be fairly easy to write that data to a .vcf file or am i wrong?

However, if i found a MIT - QR Code Generator and if i enter the CODE above in it, that generates exactly what i need without reinventing the wheel.

GitHub - nayuki/QR-Code-generator: High-quality QR Code generator library in Java, TypeScript/JavaScript, Python, Rust, C++, C.

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Problem is yuri dont want to add a feature that (1) take time to maintenance and difficult to and (2) not enough user or requirement, or (3) not something he planned for.

I would like to have it since it is a feature I use, but not a feature everyone need.

vcard import is really handy and would really be nice to have. I.e. I get alot of emails with leads. the contact information for those leads are stored within a vcf file attached to the email + in the email itself (wihin a table). I import those informations manually wich is a pain. Would be great to have some automation for this.

Comment

Working...
            X