VCard QRCode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCard QRCode

Hi, what do you think about the idea of having a QR symbol as a business card next to a contact in ESPOCRM?

Hi there, we already doing something like this. It just the image size require to be quite high to be scannable. As vCARD code got many commands that make it difficult.

Comment

Here is our proof of concept

Comment

Hi, I try to create QR symbol from attributes. I use string\concatenate but i need put between attributes enter (cr lf) but i do not know how. Can you help me? Tahnk you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	132
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	102884
          Image reupload. Hopefully not private data!

Comment

Hey, great. That's exactly what I want. Can you send me the code (formula)?

Comment

Hey, I figured it out. But I have a problem. If I create a QR symbol where all the information is, the code generation ends up with an error. Is it possible to increase the amount of information that the symbol can contain?

Comment

A QR code is capable of encoding a maximum of 2953 bytes of data, 4296 alphanumeric characters, 7089 numeric characters, or 1817 Kanji characters (character set according to JIS X 0208).​

Comment

Hi, that's why I don't understand why the QR generation ends with an error. I have a much lower number of characters.

Comment

Our QRCode (bardcode) field type supports max length of 255 characters. Longer strings (though it's not possible to do via the UI) are not guaranteed.

Comment

For information, an error correction measure takes up characters.

Comment

Hi, are you planning to increase the number of supported characters above 255?

Comment

No. We don't plan.

Note that we are also limited by library capabilities.

I tested, and could display strings way longer than 255.
                          Last edited by yuri; 02-20-2024, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Hi, I would need more characters to generate a VCard. The ideal situation is to have the VCard with the address. I tried without the address, but even so the number of characters is insufficient. ​It is ideal to have at least 500 characters.
                            BEGIN:VCARD
                            VERSION:
                            N;CHARSET=UTF-8:Hložanský;Čestmír;;Mr.;
                            FN;CHARSET=UTF-8:Mr. Čestmír Hložanský
                            TEL;TYPE=CELL:+4208789678567
                            ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:Firma spol. s r. o.
                            TITLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:Vývojový technický pracovník
                            ADR;CHARSET=UTF-8;TYPE=WORK,PREF:;;Náměstí A. Holešovského 456;Brandýs nad Labem;67598
                            EMAIL:holansky.cestmir@firma.cz
                            URL:http://www.firma.cz
                            END:VCARD​

Comment

I can only recommend to do customization.

You can increase maxLength in entityDefs for your field. Then it's up to the library whether it will be able to render your long string. I won't be able to help more.

Comment

Working...
                              X