Ability to create Price Books - Sales Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to create Price Books - Sales Extension

I think it would be a good idea to be able to create pricing books for each customer/partner in the Sales Extension.

Basically the idea is to be able to link existing price books with Accounts in order to change the prices for all the existing Products per Account.

Almost all Cloud CRMs have this option.

Any ideas how to accomplish this with workflows/formulas/custom development are welcome.

good idea. I had the same problem to be able to assign different prices for different clients

Comment

agree this will definitely improve the sales package.

Comment

Meanwhile I created kind of a workaround. Not sure if this will suit to every possible constellation but perhaps it helps into the right direction.

My case is as follows:

- I have customers with different price structure.
        - I have prices based on hour, others on each (pieces)
        - I want, when a customer pays more for the hour based service, this customer should also pay more (in percentage) for each prices.

In products I have items on hour base, others on piece base. Important: here you have to set to "fixed price" in products.

How I solved this (I use that in invoice, but you can use it in quote and slaes order as well):

1. In accounts (where I have my customers) I created a custom field named "customer class" (8 classes, named A30, B32, C33 .... etc.. The number after the letter is the hour price, to identify the level at first sight, but it could have any name).
        2. In accounts I created another field named "surcharge %" where I will set the percentage, which will increase the piece price, according to the customer class. Here I will set a formula to do that automatically and rounded to the next full € (ceil). In my case, every customer class increases this surcharge by 2% (but could be any value).
        This works this way: You choose a customer class, lets say C33. By the formula a surcharge of 4% is associated with that class. That means, The price model for this customer would be: hour fee: 33 €, surcharge: 4% (4% more than the fixed price in products).

As accounts is already related to quote, sales order and invoice, you can call the values of these fields in the respective entities by a simple formula. You need also a field for the fixed price from products to be able to calculate in invoice.

The customer class will be present as custom field in invoice. This way the values are available for calculations in invoice as well as in invoice items.

The invoice items use the fixed price by default. With another formula I pass the values from the customer class to the fixed price in invoice, which causes these fields to display the new increased price according to customer class.

From invoice I pass - again by formula - the new values to the invoice items, where these are used to calculate the price according to the customer class. If you change values in invoice items after having created the invoic, e.G. the quantity, you will have to do a recalculation of the formula over this invoice record. You can do that by default in the list view menu, but it is more convenient with the Recalculate Formula Button for Detail View, which our fellow friend telecastg offers as an extension (find it here: https://payhip.com/b/28Dhw, which I can recommend, because it works brilliantly).

You still will have to experiment a bit, because, as said, not every case would be like mine. If you have any question, don`t hesitate to ask, I will help if possible.
        Last edited by shalmaxb; 03-16-2022, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X