Edit Layout: Duplicate Check (contacts) Small View List Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Layout: Duplicate Check (contacts) Small View List Layout

Please refer to this thread here: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...yout#post75790

Issue: Duplicate checker, "The record you are creating might already exist" layout can further be improve. Currently it only display Name.

Request: Ability to modify this either by coding or using the Layout editor.

Reason: Would like to add more unique information to better identify possible Duplicate Contacts (or any other entity that we can do Duplicate checker on). For example with Contact we can use a custom field like DateofBirth; or PhotoContact to better recognize the person. For default field I would add something like "City" or "StreetAddress"

Workaround at the moment: (1) open the Contacts in new Tabs; (2) search before create, (3) open in current tabs, go back and create again.

i agree it would be useful to have the duplicate checker view as a modifiable file so this way could add more fields, however i think it would need to be duplicated for every entity hence every entity has its own field but i like the idea.

Thanks

Comment

Mr rabii

Look like this is fixed/fulfilled:

Hi, is possible to add/display another field to the modal check of "duplicate" found and not only name ? in this sample, this is a Person template, maybe for Company template too on avaible field. maybe feature request in layout manager ? List of Field Display in duplicate check ? Thanks

EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

​​

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah i have seen that but not sure if it would be customisable. but at least i think it will be better now.

Update:
        I have played around with this and it is neat, it show the details of the existing record using listSmall of the entity. so you could customise your listSmall and each entity will show different values.
        Last edited by rabii; 06-08-2023, 08:05 AM.

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        If you pro, you can create another "ListView2" instead and click it will point to the new View you customize. I'm too scare too do that but looking at the code I reckon I can try.

1) Start duplicate new view
        2) Change the view/file name
        3) Change all code to open the new Listview2

But this is theory talk, I know I fail more than once just copy/pasting these github code.

• item
        item commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi @espcrm,

yes you are i think right.. but i understand so :
        if you will a custom listSmall for duplicate, you need to create for all entity where search for duplicate.
        i think (i suppose, maybe) it's for this Yuri have select listSmall for all.
    Working...
    X