X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to the community about Google synchronization

Hello Community,

we have a problem with google calendar synchronization:

Users who are invited to a meeting, their invitation is not synced with google.
    (The meetings are added to the calendars of the invited users.)
    The Espo developers can't help us. They can't check it because it's not a system error.
    The developers recommended us to uninstall all extensions in our EspoCRM and then check it.
    This troubleshooting is very time consuming. that's why my question to users of Google synchronization module.
    Has anyone also had such an effect during synchronization and if yes was there a solution?

Thanks to all who have an idea for a solution.

peter

Hi peterberlin,

The fact is that unofficial extensions can conflict with official ones.
    I checked the synchronization of meetings and the synchronization of meeting Attendees' statuses: and everything works for me.

Therefore, please send screenshots:
    • From Administration -> Extensions.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	137
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	91803
    • From ​Administration -> Users -> Admin -> External Accounts.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	173
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	91802

Also tell me if there are problems with​ synchronization of meeting Attendees' statuses from EspoCRM to Google, or from Google to EspoCRM?

I will repeat that absolutely everything works for me on the test instance in the absence of unlicensed extensions. The only thing is that it takes longer for meeting Attendees' statuses​ to be transferred from Google to EspoCRM than from EspoCRM to Google.

Comment

Hello Victor,

thank you very much for your effort. We have already checked the settings 100 times and also submitted them to the developers.
      Every user can sync his meetings with his google calendar in both directions without any problems.
      Only meetings of invited users are not synced to google. These meetings can be found only in the ESPOCRM calendars of the invited users.
      We have the latest Google Sync package and an ESPO 7.2.5.​

Comment

Without providing the above information requested in the previous message, it is unlikely that anyone will be able to help you.

Only meetings of invited users are not synced to google. These meetings can be found only in the ESPOCRM calendars of the invited users.
        Meetings of invited users are meetings created by Regular Users in the EspoCRM Calendar?

I know one case when such meetings are not synchronized with Google Calendar - this is when:
        • Regular User creates a meeting on the EspoCRM side, in which the Admin or any other Regular User with a role that has access to External Accounts (and which is also configured) is NOT participant of this Meeting (screenshot 1). Then yes, this meeting is not synchronized with Google, because no user with access to Google Calendar IS a participant in this meeting.

However, when we add such a User (with the access described above), the Meeting will appear on the Google side, along with meeting Attendees' statuses​ (screenshot 2).

An important point in this story is that the User's Primary email must be Gmail, to which the External Account is configured (screenshots 3 and 4).​
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Victor,

All regular users have an external Google account configured (configuration as in your first answer).
          For all regular users, the synchronization between the espo calendar and the user's googled calendar works without problems.
          In the configuration of the external Google account in Espo, no Googelemail is entered. For users, the primary email address is a company email address.
          A regular user (A) invites one or more regular users (B,C, D,...). These users confirm the meeting appointment.
          But the appointments are not transferred to Google.​
          Only user (A) appointment is transferred to Google.

Comment

A regular user (A) invites one or more regular users (B,C, D,...). These users confirm the meeting appointment.
            But the appointments are not transferred to Google.​
            Only user (A) appointment is transferred to Google.​
            1. Do you mean that the Meeting with Attendees: User A, User B, User C, which was created by User A, appears in Google Calendar with only one Attendee? And this Attendee is User A (screenshot 1).
            2. Whether User A creates a Meeting with Attendees: User A, User B, User C, each of these Users set their acceptance status (screenshot 2). And in Google Calendar, a record is created with all Users, but only User A has acceptance status? And User A and User B on the Google side remain without acceptance status (screenshot 3)?

If you meant option 2, then I understand correctly that the acceptance status was confirmed by User B and User C on the EspoCRM side?
            Attached Files

Comment

the invited users (B,C,F) have confirmed the meeting. The joint meeting is in the Espo calendars of B,C,D and of course also in calendar A. A has created the meeting.
              The meeting is in A's Google calendar, but there is nothing in B,C,D's Google calendar.​

Comment

Originally posted by victor View Post
                An important point in this story is that the User's Primary email must be Gmail, to which the External Account is configured (screenshots 3 and 4).​
                Please try to put Gmail in the profile of each problematic User as Primary email. I wrote about it in my second post in this topic.

Comment

That the Google E-Mial address should be entered as the primary address is not in the documentation of the ESPPO developers.
                  For us as a company, this would mean that the entire mail traffic is realized with the Google address. This does not make sense.​

Comment

Dear peterberlin,

In this case, we should understand the logic of synchronization of Google events and events in EspoCRM.

When a user independently creates an Event in EspoCRM or Google Calendar, it is logical that synchronization in both directions will be successful, since it works through a configured External Account. In this case, it doesn't matter which Primary Email Address is set for the user.

When a user is added to the Attendees list, the sync occurs at the Primary Email Address, not at the email address that is specified in the External Account. In the same way, everything works when we add a Lead or Contact to Attendees - the system will always focus on the primary email address specified in the fields of these entities, and will create an Event in Google Calendar with the main email addresses in the list of participants.

In your case, we strongly recommend changing all Primary Email Addresses of users to those specified in External Accounts (for correct synchronization).
                    At the same time, if you move the company's email addresses to the second place and Personal Email Accounts are configured for these email addresses, your users will still be able to send emails under the desired email address in EspoCRM.​

Comment

Oh. thank you.
                      I guess I learn something new every day. But what about emails that the system sends (even in workflows) to assigned users. They end up in the google address or?​

Comment

peterberlin,

Yes, the primary email will be selected unless you specify another one in the Workflow or formula when automatically email sending.

Comment

OK.
                          I thank Viktor and lasovic.
                          If there would be a corresponding explanation in the documentation of the Google Synchronization module, it would be optimal.​

Comment

Working...
                          X