Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Osom CRM extension - Email Field

Hi,

I am seeking for help on the Osom CRM extensions. The email field extension has created some issues with our espocrm instance. After installing the extension, we are unable create new emails by the logged in user. I tried contacting them on the website but no response for 1 week now.

Remove/uninstall the extension and rebuild your system and it should work fine.

Comment

You should also manually edit the entity json to remove the added email field if it’s creating issues.

Comment

Originally posted by murugappan View Post
        Hi,

I am seeking for help on the Osom CRM extensions. The email field extension has created some issues with our espocrm instance. After installing the extension, we are unable create new emails by the logged in user. I tried contacting them on the website but no response for 1 week now.
        Dear murugappan , we apologize, but we have not yet received your email regarding this issue. I have already sent you an email requesting additional information.

Comment

Kharg , rabii ,

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, i tried all the suggestion but the problem still persists.

(1) The odd part is that I could send emails using any other email e.g group email address.
          (2) This error only happens when the logged in users try to use their email id

Click image for larger version  Name:	email1.png Views:	0 Size:	249.6 KB ID:	102037

(3) This is the log entry which show an server address that is no longer there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	emaillog.png Views:	0 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	102038

(4) I tried the extension on fresh installation of espocrm and every thing works fine.

I feel the code or some parameters may have been messed up. By the way, the instance version 7.2.7 not version 8.x

Please review and advise any idea.
          Last edited by murugappan; 01-25-2024, 11:50 PM.

Comment

this seems related to something else. Is cron working correctly?
            Are you sure this error didn't start after upgrading Espo?
            Maybe Attachment.php didn't update correctly?
            Can you check if the code is the same as in here? https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Attachment.php

Comment

Kharg

Answers to your questions:

(1) Cron is working absolutely fine - we can send emails with another ids except using the logged-in user id. All schedule jobs and workflows are running fine.

(2) The instance, which is a mirror of the production instance, has not been upgraded after version 7.2.7. The update was done a year ago. The extension was installed only 1 week ago. Everything was working fine before the extension was installed. I have already uninstalled the extension and problem still exists.

(3) The attachment error in the log is fine. Its a warning that we have deleted an attachment in the upload folder. This warning has been there since 4 years ago. The email problem now is not related to this. The new error message related to this problem is:

Click image for larger version  Name:	emaillog.png Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	102045

The odd part in the error message is the email server. It shows "ssl://crm.emastpa.com.my:465". This is not the email server of this instance. The server for this instance is "crmdev.emastpa.com.my" not "crm.emastpa.com.my". I not sure where it got the wrong server name. As i mentioned earlier, this only happen after the installation of the extension

(4) The code matches but not related to this problem.
              Last edited by murugappan; 01-26-2024, 03:12 AM.

Comment

It is definitely something to do with your email provider, error 0 is always produced when a misconfiguration is placed on the email set up. e.g check if your email provider has changed the port and server address for smtp. you need to reconfigure the instance of this email, as you mentioned it is to do withe server name. try to update that and it should work fine.

Comment

rabii ,

Thank your for advise. The email provider is fine and works effectively. This problem happens only if the logged-in user sends an email. I could use the group email account or the personal email account and send emails.

Comment

rabii Kharg Laimonas

Hi Guys,

I resolved the issue. This is what happen:

(1) I was installing and uninstalling the extension a few times during testing
                    (2) One of the entities that got involved was the "users"
                    (3) Somehow due to repeated install/uninstall, the users defined got messed up because user entity has the email field also included.
                    (4) Why messed up i do not know.
                    (5) I deleted all the users and recreated the users and everything now works fine.

Thank you guys for helping me where you could. Feels good!

Comment

Working...
                    X