Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calls with state "not reached" not visible in history

Hi Folks,
    i am looking out for an option, to change the behaviour that calls with state "not reachable" are not shown at the history panel (on the right) on the detail view of a lead, account or contact. I want to list all type of calls here.
    I dont find anything about that in the layout- nor entity manager.
    Best regards​

Hi mfr,

This post will be useful for you: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...-custom-status.

Comment

Hi lazovic,

Thansk for your advice. I tested it with a new Call.json file in custom path and got an error 500: There is a same module in both custom and internal directories. Should be only in one location.

So I should delete (or move) the original file from application path.

But is that a good idea? In case of an update / upgrade maybe the original Call.json, would be changed and I don't recognise this change as I have my "own" Call.json in the custom path.​

Comment

Hi mfr,

How to add custom types of Call Status in Side Panels (Detail) for Lead, Account and Contact. Simple for History:

- In Administration -> Entity Manager -> Call -> Fields -> Status create your additional custom types of Status and save the changes:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	91469

- In custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/scopes, create a Call.json file (if you do not have a scopes folder in the custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata folder, then create it). In the created file, paste the following (just remember to replace My Custom Status with your own):
        Code:
        {
            "historyStatusList": ["Held", "Not Held", "My Custom Status"]
        }​
        Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	6.1 KB ID:	91470

- Save changes and make Rebuild.

Functionality works and no errors occur after upgrading EspoCRM.​
        Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	18.7 KB ID:	91471

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	91472
        Last edited by victor; 04-24-2023, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hi victor,

Thanks for your answer. I know all of this and use it in other use-cases as well.

However, I find it pointless to have to copy an existing status in order to then display it.

At least one flag in the configuration would be much simpler, with which it can be specified whether calls with the status "not reached" are integrated as they are now (default) or whether they are also part of the SQL statement and are displayed.

Because from a procedural point of view, the phone call was made, only with the difference that nobody was reached. So I think it should show up in the history also. And it would be good if this is not via custom settings, but an official feature of EspoCRM.

Best regards
          Martin​

Comment

This is a working solution. There's nothing pointless in copying a value to let the application know how to treat it. You can't have a FLAG. There are no 'Not Reached' status in Espo. We can't have flags for non-existing statuses. Even if this status was standard, having flags for every status would result in mess.

This is how it's already designed, we don't need to break what is working to simplify one rare use case. One may already rely on this parameter, we can't afford removing it.
            Last edited by yuri; 04-28-2023, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Isn't Not Held the same thing? Do you use the Not Held? If you don't, why not just rename it to "Not Reached"?

That my solution whenever I don't want to code it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
                Isn't Not Held the same thing? Do you use the Not Held? If you don't, why not just rename it to "Not Reached"?

That my solution whenever I don't want to code it myself.
                I can already see a difference between "Not Reached" and "Not Held".

In the first example, an employee actively picked up the phone and made a (unsuccessful) call = "Not Reached". In the second example, as far as I understand it, he didn't even touch the phone = "Not Held".

Comment

mfr,

In EspoCRM 7.5 it will be possible to add custom statuses to Activity, History for Meetings/Calls/Events: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/2723​
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's good news. Thanks!

Comment

• espcrm
                      espcrm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can beta test it by doing a manual patch
                  Working...
                  X