Automate recurring tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate recurring tasks

I am exploring the use of EspoCRM, but I currently have no experience with it outside the online demo. I walked through the documentation and I am hoping to get developer feedback on automating recurring tasks. Feedback on can I do this and in general how you would implement it with EspoCRM.

My situation is; we have accounts and we provide 5 optional services to accounts that are recurring either monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual. For each service, I would need a custom field for recurring schedule (cron pattern or frequency and day of month) and user to assign task to. The schedule determines the due date, and we want to automatically create a new task 10 days prior to due date.

I am an experienced PHP developer.

Hi korazy,

This functionality, which will be performed in a loop or for a certain number of days, you can recreate using Workflow.
    This is a feature from the official extension Advanced Pack: https://www.espocrm.com/extensions/advanced-pack/.

You can find out more about Workflows in the documentation:
    https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/workflows/.

Comment

Unfortunately and been a feature request since many years ago. It is like Iazovic said, Advanced Pack (paid extension only)

Comment

Create a custom Module:

Create a custom scheduled Job:

Comment

• korazy
          korazy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the response.

I created an extension to automate the generation of any entity type in the system. I will upload it within the next two weeks to GitHub. It supports weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually recurring events/records.

Comment

• korazy
          korazy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for responding. When you have it on github, I would be interested in looking at it.

• shootify
          shootify commented
          Editing a comment
          HI, will be awesome to check the extension. let us know when it get finally uploaded. thanks

• bandtank
          bandtank commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the delay everyone. I will post some code this weekend. It is not built into an extension yet because I have not had time, but I will share what I created.

Originally posted by bandtank View Post
        I created an extension to automate the generation of any entity type in the system. I will upload it within the next two weeks to GitHub. It supports weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually recurring events/records.
        Hi badtank,

How did you go with this? Did you get a chance to work on it?

Comment

bandtank any news on your extension?

Comment

Sorry for the delay everyone. I will post some code this weekend. It is not built as an extension yet because I have not had time, but I will share what I created and answer any questions.

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe Kharg can finish it off, or future coding pro shalmaxb

• Kharg
              Kharg commented
              Editing a comment
              espcrm yes, I'll try to see what I can do

• Kharg
              Kharg commented
              Editing a comment