IMAP Suddenly not longer working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAP Suddenly not longer working

Hello, i had Espocrm workig via imap on group email account using a Microsoft office 365 App Password, however today stopped working and i cant find the reason why, i re-created another app password but still refuses to connect, scheduled jobs failed. attached is server logs.

Code:
    [2022-06-23 00:00:03] ERROR: JobManager: Failed job running, job '62b3ac897359e9cd6'. Job CheckInboundEmails 60976e5f8f950ed55: [0] cannot login, user or password wrong; at /var/www/espocrm/application/Espo/Classes/Jobs/CheckInboundEmails.php:60. [] []
    [2022-06-23 00:01:03] ERROR: JobManager: Failed job running, job '62b3ac897359e9cd6'. Job CheckInboundEmails 60976e5f8f950ed55: [0] cannot login, user or password wrong; at /var/www/espocrm/application/Espo/Classes/Jobs/CheckInboundEmails.php:60. [] []
    [2022-06-23 00:02:02] ERROR: JobManager: Failed job running, job '62b3ad01ba436e829'. Job CheckInboundEmails 60976e5f8f950ed55: [0] cannot login, user or password wrong; at /var/www/espocrm/application/Espo/Classes/Jobs/CheckInboundEmails.php:60. [] []
    [2022-06-23 00:03:03] ERROR: JobManager: Failed job running, job '62b3ad01ba436e829'. Job CheckInboundEmails 60976e5f8f950ed55: [0] cannot login, user or password wrong; at /var/www/espocrm/application/Espo/Classes/Jobs/CheckInboundEmails.php:60. [] []
    [2022-06-23 00:04:02] ERROR: JobManager: Failed job running, job '62b3ad792967e1519'. Job CheckInboundEmails 60976e5f8f950ed55: [0] cannot login, user or password wrong; at /var/www/espocrm/application/Espo/Classes/Jobs/CheckInboundEmails.php:60. [] []
    [2022-06-23 00:05:03] ERROR: JobManager: Failed job running, job '62b3ad792967e1519'. Job CheckInboundEmails 60976e5f8f950ed55: [0] cannot login, user or password wrong; at /var/www/espocrm/application/Espo/Classes/Jobs/CheckInboundEmails.php:60. [] []
    [2022-06-23 00:05:51] ERROR: (0) cannot login, user or password wrong; POST /InboundEmail/action/testConnection; line: 225, file: /var/www/espocrm/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Storage/Imap.php [] []
    [2022-06-23 00:06:01] ERROR: (0) cannot login, user or password wrong; POST /InboundEmail/action/testConnection; line: 225, file: /var/www/espocrm/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Storage/Imap.php [] []
    is there i should be aware with microsoft changes or espocrm?

Have a look into data/config.php if your credentials for Email are correct. I also had already a log-in error to email accounts because of wrong port or encryption (TLS/SSL). You should test all possibilities.

Comment

I am not sure if this is related, but I had the same problem using Gmail IMAP and the issue turned out to be that Gmail discontinued the use of IMAP to access Gmail accounts unless it came from a "secure log in" software of which Espo (at least without the Gmail extension) is not included in their list.

My solution was not to use Gmail IMAP and instead use my internet provider email account facility, but I believe that another solution, if I did not want to stop using Gmail, would have been to purchase the official extension to integrate the service.

Good Luck

Comment

• item
        item commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello @telecastg,
        Google or Office are now require 2FA at minimum.
        he leave bad authentification.. i don't know how is the futur for application.
        someone can say me how a application can do 2FA ? it's impossible with my knowledge or not ready ! (printer, camera, router,.. )

wait and see :s

well, like i mentioned on the original post, i had a Microsoft office 365 APP Password to use with espocrm, for somereason it stopped working, so it was not a credential issue.
      After trying all day, i contacted MS they say they run some some scripts on their back end and i have to wait 24 hours, which indeed i waited and bump next day, espocrm was connecting to my email using imap settings. weird.
      As item asked, whats really the future of this applications if all this companies requires 2fa and are leaving IMAP on the dust. ?
      cheers and thanks

Comment

• item
        item commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello shootify,

on microsoft 365, you need disable globaly "security default" https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azu...urity-defaults
        and then activate in Azure->Users-> per user 2fa authentification.
        then create app password..
        so this kind work .. but how long time ?

One think, strange, when copy app password then past to a notePad or another text editor .. and then copy/past to password field don't work. so you need copy app password and past directly in password field in espoCrm.

Originally posted by shootify View Post
      well, like i mentioned on the original post, i had a Microsoft office 365 APP Password to use with espocrm, for somereason it stopped working, so it was not a credential issue.
      After trying all day, i contacted MS they say they run some some scripts on their back end and i have to wait 24 hours, which indeed i waited and bump next day, espocrm was connecting to my email using imap settings. weird.
      As item asked, whats really the future of this applications if all this companies requires 2fa and are leaving IMAP on the dust. ?
      cheers and thanks
      thanks for the advice. FIxed now.

Comment

Working...
    X