Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache mix-up with 2 instances on the same browser

Hi,

When i develop anything on Espocrm, i always have 3 instances - testing, development and backup. When i load 2 of the instances in the same browser instance in two separate windows, the information displayed gets mixed up and some times damages the contents of one of the instances. This does not happen if i load the 2 instances in 2 different browsers (Firefox and Chrome). It looks like somehow the 2 CRM instances seem to be sharing the same cache or session information if it on the same browser instance.

Can anyone help?

As a workaround I suggest to use Container for Firefox, and if it Chrome I think you can use "Profile"?

Container system and "remember" URL, for example you can set container: Testing for all URL with https://test.espocrm.com
    and Backup for URL: https://backup.espocrm.com

Of course this all went out the windows if you were to use local server, not sure if container can support that. I guess you would need to go down Portable browser or Sandboxie route in that case.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      tothewine Death commercially by the original Creator and the Company that took over them. But there isn't much of a lost as it is now Open-Source so future development would need to be done by the Community.

One project I'm keeping an eye on is: the Sandbox Plus
      Sandboxie Plus & Classic. Contribute to sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie development by creating an account on GitHub.

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      i didn't know it became OSS. great! but how is the problem of driver signing resolved?

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I read, they used a "Leaked" or "Free" certificate signing certificate. Some antivirus might trigger a flag though, because the Certificate is also downloaded and use to signed by malware people.

There is a pin post the Github issue talking more about that. During my installation I just think just used the existing close sources version and install Sandboxie Plus on top so didn't have an issue with "re-install Driver please" issue. But for new PC I might run into "malware detect"

I think Wildersecurity is quite active and is the replacement forums/discussion board now. They shut down the official forum.

In the past I had this problem when switching accounts on the same instance, where permissions would remain cached from a less authorized user and navigation bar links hidden. One feature to solve this would be to prefix all cookies and local storage names with a unique instance id. I also miss the old "clear cache" menu for users...

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the advise. What tothewine mentioned still happens. Whenever we update the system, we request all users to completely exit from the system and browser and login again. That solves the problem. I feel that Espocrm has some caching issues. I use Codeigniter which has the built in cache management and it works very well for my apps. Espocrm may need to address this.

Comment

Hi Guys,

The problem is a bit serious than i thought. There were data corruptions in one of the instance. Please refer to https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/bug-...rowser-session. I raised a bug report. Appreciate any help.

Comment

What data corruption?

Comment

Hi yuri ,

Dont know which file got corrupted. We could not access the site anymore. There was a 404 error. When we checked the folders, the site folders and contents appears to be intact. Anyway, this is subject should be closed as you have already mentioned that we cannot run 2 instances in the same browser instance.
            Last edited by murugappan; 07-29-2020, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X