Validate via Regex or Formula - EIN / TIN / SSN fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validate via Regex or Formula - EIN / TIN / SSN fields

Is it possible to Validate a varchar or int field for specific values such as EIN/TIN/SSN (Employee ID Number/Tax ID Number/Social Security Number) before the record is saved to the DB?
    such as Regex: /^(?:\d{3}-\d{2}-\d{4}|\d{2}-\d{7})$/ or even a Formula for this?

Resources: http://regexlib.com/Search.aspx?k=ssn & http://regexlib.com/REDetails.aspx?r...ookieSupport=1

With UI - no. Only if you develop it. With before save hook or with view overwritten.

Comment

How can I overwrite the view and tell it to validate in the overwritten view?

Comment

As usual override the view of the field in entityDefs

inherit varchar field view,
        define own validate function
        EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

check how was email field validation implemented

Comment

• khopper
          khopper commented
          Editing a comment
          I do not see where "var msg" is pulling from.
          Last edited by khopper; 04-20-2018, 03:18 AM.

EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

as you can see, the 3rd parameter is empty, so it's get form Global

Comment

• khopper
          khopper commented
          Editing a comment
          If I modify "Global.json" file with custom message for new function will it save after upgrade or is there a custom path for this?

create it in the custom folder

custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/i18n/en_US/Global.json
        {
        "messages":{
        "{your label}": "message text"
        }
        }

Comment

I created 1 file for this and modified the other since it already existed.
          However when I rebuild the backend the Opportunity Page starts showing bad server response.
          Any help would be appreciated.

client/custom/src/views/opportunity/fields/taxid.js (copied and modified from the email validation js file) Attached.
          &
          custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Opportunity.json

"taxid": {
          "type": "varchar",
          "view": "custom:views/opportunity/fields/taxid",
          "required": false,
          "trim": true,
          "audited": false,
          "readOnly": false,
          "tooltip": true,
          "isCustom": true,
          "tooltipText": "Tax ID is required for WinBack SSN: 000-00-0000 or TIN/EIN 00-0000000"
          },
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
            if you have Bad server response, always check logs (espo and server error). Maybe your file is not valid or any other error.

About js - didn't run, but your validation function has to be named with camel case style: validateTaxidData
            and view name has to be the same as in entityDefs file - custom:views/opportunity/fields/taxid
            and you set own templates.... did you create these files in client/res/templates/fields ? do you really need them? and why not in custom?
            Last edited by tanya; 04-25-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Your right I did not need the templates = removed those from the js
              The Bad server response was due to my custom global.json file = resolved.
              Now nothing loads when trying to create or view an Opportunity.
              Nothing shows in the Espo logs saying there is a problem. LogLevel = DEBUG
              Attached Files

Comment

and view name has to be the same as in entityDefs file - custom:views/opportunity/fields/taxid

now problem could be only with js, so for this you need to open browser log

Comment

This is what i get looking at the Debugger - it shows syntax error but it doesn't say where.
                  Chrome seems to give more detail than Firefix.
                  Last edited by khopper; 04-25-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

attach the file again

Comment

By the Way I resolved the syntax error but now nothing loads/displays when clicking on View or Create Opportunity with the JS file.
                      I can't find the errors.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by khopper; 04-26-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                        !!!!!!!!!

the path to the file has to be correspond to view name, and view name in entityDefs has to be the same as in view file

and I think you don't need to declare methods data and validateRequired

Comment

My apologizes I missed that detail. I made the changes as suggested.
                          Everything loads up however the validation does nothing. I can enter anything I want without getting a message preventing me from saving.
                          I have attached the new JS file and a screen shot of the saved result in the field.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X