No announcement yet.

Validate via Regex or Formula - EIN / TIN / SSN fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is dataFieldName? why did you use it? what is contained in the model with the key, contained id this.dataFieldName... check validateRequired

Code:
    validations: ['required', 'taxidData'],
    validateTaxidData: function () {
    correct text style
    Last edited by tanya; 04-27-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• khopper
      khopper commented
      Editing a comment
      I copied most of it from email.js and have been attempting to make tweaks. I am no JS programmer and am still learning.

khopper Hi, did you ever get this to work correctly? I too am trying to implement field input validation and automatic formatting in my CRM instance, I think the work you've done so far will really help alot!! I'm essentially trying to get phone numbers to format to from 1234567891 to (123)456-7891, as well as ensure a localCounty field does not ever literally contain the word "county" in the field input.

Would you be able to restate/summarize what all you did to achieve your goal here? Hopefully I'll be able to take some of your advice and efforts to achieve my requirements as well. Thanks so much!!!

Comment

Not sure about the validation but in term of automatic formatting there is no easy to use system, I don't think Formula will work very well either.

There is however a paid 3rd party extensions that can support "mask field" which would be able to convert your phone number to a more readable format. Anyway here is a plugin: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki
      Search for Ebla Soft

Comment

• Zosh
        Zosh commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW... That guide is absolutely ESSENTIAL for anyone wanting to onboard onto this platform, THANK YOU very much for showing me this. We're currently trying to ramp-up a testing/prototyping EspoCRM before we purchase the real thing, this guy's GitHub page will be extremely valuable as we venture down this road!! Again, many thanks!

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear that, that guy would be me lol.

There still a few section I need to fix up (and it is constantly being update as I see more interest thread or until someone can help fix it) but general it should help find what you want or pique certain interest in what is possible.
    Working...
    X