X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different view (layout) in Create and Read for user group

Hello,

I have given problem:

We store quotations (offers) done for our clients in ESPO CRM. Beside the price there are some information regarding the offer. It's very usefull for our sales team to see registry of these quotations - so when they make new one they can kind of look through it, find similar ones done in the past and take pattern of it. However in quotations there are also stored exact contact and account details... which we do not want to share between sales team members.

Therefore I need to find way so users of given group can see field "Account" and "Contact" while creating/editing their own records but they don't see these fields while looking through others recrods. Basically, the easiest way that I can think of to do that is logic: field is visible if viewing userId = assignedUserId ... I just don't know how to do that.

Any ideas?

If you use the version 8.1 and above you can make this works with the $user and $teams fields in dynamic logic. so you can make the two fields (account and contact) visible if the the current user is a member of a specific team.

The ability to check with Dynamic Logic: current user (equals or not equals to a specific one); current user teams (contains or not contains a specific team).
    Rabii
    Web Dev

Comment

• espo-enthusiast
      espo-enthusiast commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi rabii, what about this?

Transport industry. We have "Quote" entity. Our freight forwarders create Quotes as they quote to their clients.
      We want everybody to see all Quotes stuff like
      - price,
      - from country and postal code,
      - to country and postal code and
      - type of truck (sprinter, van, solo truck, or tautliner etc.)

But for Quotes that they are AssignedUser (aka owner) they should see also Contact and Account relationship, but other freight forwarders should not.

Because quotes is know-how, and they can use it to learn the pricing, but they cannot know everything (like who other freight forwarders work with and for how much, otherwise they would steal each others clients or destroy the company by stealing the clients when they leave).

Any help please?

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      This could be achieved using a combination of teams permissions and the dynamic logic as mentioned before. DM more details and i will be happy to help
      This should be straight forward thing, just need details about structure of the teams within your system.

• espo-enthusiast
      espo-enthusiast commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you dear rabii !

Actually we handled that, we have now Quote (that they see only own) and formula duplicates it to new entity QuoteLimited (permission all) that is just the same but without sensitive info, and our freight forwarders can check and gain pricing knowledge from there.

Thanks and gave a great day!
Working...
X