Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WYSIWYG question

I guess no, but just to ensure,
    does anybody know if is there any way to get, for example, a value of an input element in a wysiwyg type field, to another field or as a variable?

Thanks
    Last edited by Athensmusic; 04-24-2024, 02:41 PM.

it is possible using formula i guess.

Comment

Thats what Im asking for. About use of formula, but how...can't figure out any possible solution.

Comment

you can use existing string functionality. e.g let say you have your wysiwyg in account called note and you want to inject into its content the name of the accoun, you can do it using formula as below

PHP Code:
        note string\concatenate(note'\n''Another content here 'name); 

You can even inject html into the field as below
        PHP Code:
        note string\concatenate('<button type="button" class="btn-xs btn-success" style="width: 80%;">',
        '<span style="color: #fff; text-decoration: none;">'string\length(name) ,'</span></a></button>');​ 
        Last edited by rabii; 04-24-2024, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks rabii but I know that. If you read Im looking for the opposite. To get a value of an input element in wysiwyg field in another field of an entity.

I do not know the use of "object" in formula eg .object\create() etc that could maybe do something with it. But as I started, probably it's impossible...

Comment

so you want to get the value of the wysiwyg field into anther field of an entity ?

To get a value of an input element in wysiwyg field in another field of an entity. (THIS IS NOT CLEAR)
            WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY GET VALUE OF AN INPUT ELEMENT ?

Comment

You do not need to SCREAM my friend. Don't you know what an input element is in html?
              In wysiwyg <input type="text" value=""></input>
              I hope I do not need to explain what the value is.

Comment

no you don't need but you can figure it out yourself since you know better what an input element is in html

Comment

string\match() is your solution and definitely it is possible to get it done

Comment

Will try it (probably all night to figure out) and THANKS alot

Comment

It is possible, I haven't done it for WYSIWYG yet, but here is a formula I use to do "Search in email" and "link it to my Case". You can test it in Sandbox and see what you need to search for and how to get the result to return to "true"
                      Code:
                      $findrecord = record\findOne('Case', 'mattercaseID', 'desc', 'mattercaseID=', string\substring(subject, 0, 5)); // 'desc' is Descending, must have this field
                      ifThen(
                          entity\isNew = true && fromAddress == 'noreply@espocrm.com' && $findrecord != null,
                          parentType = 'Case'; parentId = $findrecord
                          );​

Comment

Working...
                      X