Create buttons visible even though role does not permit it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create buttons visible even though role does not permit it

If a user belongs to a role that does not permit them to create records of a custom module, the record create button is still visible to them in list view and in the record view subpanels of a different but related module.

This is the list view of the custom entity:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	289
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	92713

This is the subpanel of a related module, you can see the + button on the right:

Views:	153
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	92716

This is what is shown when you open permissions view of the user:

Views:	149
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	92715
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create new entity via entity manager
    2. Create role that does not allow create-access to that entity
    3. Assign a non-admin user this role
    4. E.g. in list views and record views of related modules you can see create buttons. A click opens the create view and the user will only see 403 error after clicking save.

Thank you for looking into this!
    Attached Files

i have gone through the same steps and everything is working fine, create is not shown on list and also on panels. i am sure you have missed something make sure that the user doesn't belong to a team with a role that has permission to create the entity.

Comment

Hi jeff11,

I also cannot reproduce your error. Please tell me which version of EspoCRM are you using? Have you tried disabling all third party extensions, refreshing the page and trying again?

Comment

Hi jeff11
        could it be that the user is in a team that has a role with the permission to create records in your custom entity?

I think this may be the case.

Comment

Thanks everyone! At last I figured it out myself. I had created an extension of ACL metadata in the past and a bug there caused the incorrect behavior. Case closed.

Comment

Working...
          X