Problem with Round Robin assignment rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Round Robin assignment rule

In a Round-Robin assignment rule if 10 new leads arrive at the same time (same hour and minute). All 10 leads are assigned to the same user, creating overhead for that team user.

How I can avoid this?

P.S. Due to my particular case I must use Round-Robin and not Least-Busy

Does leads arrive in the same second? I tried to use API to send multiple API post requests in one script and round-robin worked well.

How do you send leads? I need to reproduce the issue.

Comment

I managed to reproduce the issue on EspoCRM 5.8. It must have been already fixed in 5.9.

Comment

the issue still not fixed ... we are working on 6.0.8 and we have a round 500 leads not assigned we are trying to apply round-robin assignment on these leads , with work flow and report list all leads go to one user .

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          Not enough details on how to reproduce. Please try to describe problems as much detail as possible. It's very important for us.

It looks like your issue is irrelevant to this topic as there's no race condition in your case.
          Last edited by yuri; 03-08-2021, 07:58 AM.

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks that you have improper report. Please see the documentation to understand how reports work in assignment rule https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ssignment-rule.
          Last edited by yuri; 03-08-2021, 08:09 AM.

• MJazar
          MJazar commented
          Editing a comment
          We flow your steps and also it's did not work, if you need to check it be one of the team ASAP it's ok and will pay if we missed anything from our side

yuri
        I have the same problem, the bug is still there.
        When I try to trigger the flowchart with mass update (we have a large amount of records, singly distribute is not possible), it assigns the records at the same time for 2 user. The first record for the first user and the others for the second user in the team.
        My Espo version is 6.1.7.
        Here are my set up:

Comment

Before and after having triggered the flowchart:
          Last edited by hoangnguyen1; 07-14-2021, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I managed to reproduce on the stable release.

Interesting that I could not reproduce on the dev branch for v7.0.0.

Comment

The issue that round robin was designed to work only for new records, it does not work properly for existing records. I will try to fix it in the next release.

This issue seems is not related to the issue of this topic.

Comment

• hoangnguyen1
                hoangnguyen1 commented
                Editing a comment
                As far as I see it the issue is the same. And can you please check the Least Busy too? It isn't working properly.

The inaccuracy is too big in some case when I trigger the assignment rules with Mass update and Workflow (I tested with 20, 50, 100, 200, 1000 records, for 2 and 3 users, the result is variant but most of the case the difference between users is >10% of the total amount). We can accept <=10% but with the big amount of record this will be a problem.
                Sorry for broken English
                Last edited by hoangnguyen1; 07-28-2021, 03:54 AM.

Is this still an issue? I just did a mass update, which triggered the round-robin on a lot of records. With two users in the team, one person was assigned the first record, all the other records went to the second user. The records already existed but were unassigned users. Is the current solution to set up the workflow to round-robin only work on creation?

Comment

• yuri
                yuri commented
                Editing a comment
                What Advanced Pack version?

• axyl
                axyl commented
                Editing a comment
                Ahh 2.7.9. I looked for updates in the core CRM, forgetting about the separate extension that's actually doing the work. I'll update it.

• yuri
                yuri commented
                Editing a comment
                The issue was addressed in AP v2.8.0. https://www.espocrm.com/extensions/a...release-notes/

yuri If you clone a workflow with the assignment rule this bug gets triggered, all the leads will be assigned just to 1 user (looks like it's the last in the list everytime)

EspoCRM 7.2.7
              Advanced Pack 2.11.5

Comment

• yuri
                yuri commented
                Editing a comment
                Should work in 2.11.6.

• Kharg
                Kharg commented
                Editing a comment
                You are amazing Yuri
            Working...