Search not being executed as you start typing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
    I'm not sute if it was ever designed to use 'contains' in an autocomplete lookup. I will look into.
    Maybe that's the "problem". If you use %, it works on autocomplete. It would be great to have the contains on the same way.

By the way, the "*" is not working as well (for autocomplete)

Comment

There reason:

There is a limitation (config parameter textFilterContainsMinLength). When you type a first few characters it doesn't return any result due to parameter. Then you type more characters than set in 'textFilterContainsMinLength' but the autocomplete library that we use doesn't lookup since the previous results were empty. I will look into how we can overcome this behaviour.

You can try to set 'textFilterContainsMinLength' => 1 in config. It may work out.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigocoelho View Post

Maybe that's the "problem". If you use %, it works on autocomplete. It would be great to have the contains on the same way.

By the way, the "*" is not working as well (for autocomplete)
        Perfect. Working now. MUCH BETTER. Thanks Yuri.

Comment

There reason:

There is a limitation (config parameter textFilterContainsMinLength). When you type a first few characters it doesn't return any result due to parameter. Then you type more characters than set in 'textFilterContainsMinLength' but the autocomplete library that we use doesn't lookup since the previous results were empty. I will look into how we can overcome this behaviour.

You can try to set 'textFilterContainsMinLength' => 1 in config. It may work out.
          Where are these GEMS explanations? What more special settings for using on config we don't know?

Comment

tanya mentioned this on other post. Take a look. https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...the-name-field

Maybe the default could be 1.

Comment

There reason:

yuri , any way to specify a kind of filter for AutoComplete? Like, just consider registers that aren't with the Archive Status.
              We are starting to have a lot of registers, and it is being extremely complex to find an Opportunity or Project. It would be great to define which ones would be considered on the search or not.
              Maybe a way to REALLY archive what we would like, to make the system "cleaner"....

For example, is it possible to autocomplete using only objects created on 2019??? For example.....

Thanks

Comment

yuri , me again.... The autocomplete stopped to work as before.
                Now, even with 'textFilterContainsMinLength' => 1 in the config file, it works when you press the first key, but hides the results when typing the sequence, appearing again when you complete the entire first word.

It is weird. Something new? This started to happen maybe 2 months ago.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X