Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CalDAV & CardDAV (and maybe other type of DAV Intergration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• espcrm
    replied
    item punkyard littlegeorge
    It think it happenings: https://devcrm.it/product/dav/

It a paid extension though.

Leave a comment:

• punkyard
    commented on 's reply
    that would be awesome !

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    EspoCRM does not support any DAV protocol at the moment. My plan to have it develop fell through and it never got started.

Until it get develop (and it seem to be possible from two developer) there is no DAV support. Once it is implement, there shouldn't be a need for a server. But it should be able to retrieve data from a server too.

• punkyard
    replied
    does Espo need a dav server?
    could it start with syncing with any existing dav server/CardDAV, ie fruux.com (sabre)?

Leave a comment:

• rachel
    commented on 's reply
    Hi there, I am still waiting for your email.

• littlegeorge
    replied
    Hello,

a year ago, I've looked for somebody who can code an installable EspoCRM extension for sync purposes with DAV protocol. But all my research hasn't any success. So I'm happy to see this discussion. I hope your are successful - if so, I will be willing to pay for a running extension.
    At that time I have formulate my requirements as follows:

1. WebDAV for Category Tree Entities (mainly for Windows Explorer)
    2. CalDAV for the entities of the type "Event" (mainly for common apps on iPhone & Android, for example DAVdroid)
    3. CardDAV for the entities of the type "person" (mainly for popular apps on iPhone & Android, for example DAVdroid)

The provision of the interfaces should be individually activatable per entity, concrete data exchange via the interface should take place at record level:
    a) the synchronization paths should be configurable (Espo -> 3rd party system, 3rd party system -> Espo or Espo <-> 3rd party system) and
    b) the data records to be synchronized should be able to be restricted by filters both on the system side and on the user side (eg all contact records marked as "private" in the third party system will not be synchronized OR a user would like to synchronize only those contact data records that have been b or c are connected); System-side filters can only be changed with admin rights, user-specific filters can individually change the respective users

The interfaces take into account the user rights.

The exchange of data should be as independent of the app as possible (eg via the use of user-definable profiles in which the fields to be matched are definable):
    1. WebDAV
    - hierarchy according to "DocumentFolder", data - according to the relationship - from "Document"
    - "KnowledgeBaseCategory" hierarchy, data - according to the relationship - from "KnowledgeBaseArticel"
    - Hierarchy of other (future) entities of the category tree type, data from the entities assigned by relationship
    2. CalDAV
    - All entities that can appear in the calendar [Call, Meeting, Task and (future) entities of type "Event"]
    - At least the fields "Name", "From" (Date & Time), "To" (Date & Time), "Description", Other fields according to the adjustable profile (Match Espo field with third-party system field)
    3. CardDav
    - Contact, Lead and (future) Entities of type "Person"
    - At least the fields (if available) "Name", "Address", "Phone", "Email", Other fields (e.g., company) according to the profile (Match Espo field with third-party field)

I hope, this can help.

Leave a comment:

• item
    replied
    Hello,
    i think these mobile app must use : https://jwt.io/
    online/offline and synchronize.
    have a clean/nice interface like https://www.siilo.com/assets/downloa...-Messenger.pdf

Leave a comment:

• eymen.elkum
    commented on 's reply
    many thanks, this is pretty nice
    Last edited by eymen.elkum; 01-31-2020, 01:39 PM.

• yuri
    replied
    See https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...s/Autoload.php

Leave a comment:

• yuri
    replied
    > is there any link refer to this ability ?

no

Leave a comment:

• eymen.elkum
    replied
    Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
    note, that there's the ability to include vendor dir (dependencies installed via composer) into module directory.
    this is very nice, is there any link refer to this ability ?

Leave a comment:

• yuri
    replied
    Whoever will be doing this, check https://sabre.io/dav/caldav/

If you will make it as an installable extension, note, that there's the ability to include vendor dir (dependencies installed via composer) into module directory.

Leave a comment:

• rachel
    replied
    Originally posted by espcrm View Post
    We recently set aside some funds to make contribution to OpenSource software that we use, love and appreciate.

EspoCRM currently does not support any type of Synching method that is truly Open (that PieSync is a services which prefer not to have to rely on). There is Outlook & Google but you have to pay for that and it is restrict (?) in terms of capability.

It been over 3 years (more or less) since the topic of DAV has been posted on the forum requesting for it to be a feature, there is still no news or any type of coding (?) that has been done to prepare for that.

We are interested in finding a Developer to integrate support of these DAV protocol, in particular to the Card (Address book, customer/company/contact/account information) & Cal (short for Calendar, meeting, date, time, location & who). There also other type of DAV such as Task but that is on lower priority for the time being.

Some of the feature we want is as follow:
    1. Need to be Open Source, either as an extension or Pull Request into the EspoCRM.
    2. Basic support of CalDAV or CardDav: able to sync Varchar field & integer field as a minimum.

Need to know.
    A. Estimated time that is involve for complete this project.
    B. Quote or Fee expected for this to be develop.
    C. Will you accept collaboration from other developer (may include other EspoCRM developer or the EspoCRM Developer them self).

PS: If there is a better synching method than the DAV, please discuss it. As ultimate we want to revive the dead mobile Apps (such as https://breakfreeapp.com/), either as a new App using these protocol or another App that can support EspoCRM.

Thank you.
    I will be waiting for your email response. and definitely i can do this in affordable pricing.

Leave a comment:

• eymen.elkum
    commented on 's reply
    okay, this is my email eymen@eblasoft.com.tr looking forward to hear from you
    Last edited by eymen.elkum; 02-14-2024, 06:19 AM.

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. Will send you an email over the week.
Working...
X