After upgrade from 6.1.8 to 7.5.6 all logins fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After upgrade from 6.1.8 to 7.5.6 all logins fail

Am using docker and compose. Did an update to v7.5.6, usual docker steps- set the image version, pull, up.
    Get the login screen, but cannot log with any user. Turned on DEBUG in the logger.
    Code:
    [2023-10-22 14:31:00] INFO: AUTH: Trying to login as user 'billr' which is not active. [] []
    It thinks all users are inactive.
    Turned on 'sql' => true, but no queries are showing in the espo log.

Viewed the database, and "user" table is fine, is_active=1.
    The table "auth_log_record" is getting updated with login attempts and shows denial reason of INACTIVE_USER.

Tried the documented suggestions for php rebuild.php, php clear_cache.php, but no change in behavior.

data/config/php still looks ok. Saw mention of the use of config-internal.php as of 7.0. This is not present on my system, is this a factor?

I'm out of ideas. Appreciate any suggestions.

The compose file, in case it helps.
    Code:
      espocrm:
        image: espocrm/espocrm:7.5.6
        container_name: espocrm
        environment:
          ESPOCRM_DATABASE_HOST: db:3306
          ESPOCRM_DATABASE_NAME: espocrm_db
          ESPOCRM_DATABASE_USER: espocrm_user
          ESPOCRM_DATABASE_PASSWORD: SECRET
          ESPOCRM_ADMIN_USERNAME: admin
          ESPOCRM_ADMIN_PASSWORD: SECRET
          ESPOCRM_SITE_URL: "http://localhost:8080"
        restart: always
        depends_on:
          - db

ports:
          - 8080:80
        volumes:
          - /dockerdata/espocrm:/var/www/html
    Using a bind mount for convenience in backup and accessing with VSCode remote.​

In database table "user" there is the field is_active, which has the values true=active, 0=inactive. So set this field in database to 1

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes, this field is currently 1 for all active users. No active user can log in.

Comment

Maybe the config file somehow got removed, resulting in the passwordSalt being lost.

You can set passwords for specific users via CLI https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...-user-password

Comment

Or better, try to restore the 'passwordSalt' from the config of the backup.

Comment

Maybe it tried to create config-internal.php (and move some parameters there), but failed for some reason. Have never encountered it.

Comment

I checked the passwordSalt and other items in config early on. Confirmed it is still correct in data/config.php. Checked it against several backups too.

I was afraid to manually set a password, but perhaps I can try setting it the same and see if hash changes.

Of note, it is failing in application/Espo/Core/Authentication/Authentication.php
              Code:
              protected function processUserCheck(User $user, ?AuthLogRecord $authLogRecord) : bool
              {
              if (!$user->isActive()) {​
              Drilling down through the various parent classes, at application/Espo/ORM/BaseEntity.php
              it is trying to look up a field by name 'isActive'.

This is as far as I've gotten so far.

Can config-internal.php be created manually? And if so, is the format/contents the same as config/php?

Comment

Maybe it's a maintenance mode enabled in the config.

Comment

I believe I remember I read about such a problem somewhere before.

Comment

There is a problem with my espocrm installation I have been running for many years without problems: recently I cannot login to my website. I enter the correct credentials, then I get a 401 unauthorized (F12 developer options). The errormessage on the webpage is: Invalid username/password. There is NO errormessage about this

Comment

• yuri
                      yuri commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What PHP version? If it's too new, downgrade to the version which existed when EspoCRM v7.5 was released.

Worth checking...but is ok.
                    Code:
                    'maintenanceMode' => false,

Comment

Maybe it's not v7.5 now. The similar issue from the topic I references is on v7.1 with newer PHP.

Comment

It's a docker deployment. The 7.5.6 image comes with PHP 8.1.23.
                        Confirmed it by exec'g into container and it shows: PHP 8.1.23 (cli) (built: Sep 7 2023 06:29:35) (NTS).

This is a change from php 7.x in the prior container.

Config.php still shows the pre-upgrade version though:
                        Code:
                          'version' => '6.1.8',
                        I'll look over the post you sent.

Comment

I think you need to run upgrade. I'm not well familiar with all details how Espo works on Docker though. See https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...n-environments

Comment

And this: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...ays-use-latest

Comment

Working...
                            X