Upgrade 8.0.0 cannot open detail view of some custom entities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade 8.0.0 cannot open detail view of some custom entities

Testing version 8.0.0 I am not able to open detail view of some of my custom entities, others open. Where detail view does not open nor error og, but error in console:

Code:
    Uncaught (in promise) Error: Could not fetch asset 'client/lib/transpiled/src/views/fields/null.js?r=1694506124'.
    at loader.js:927:27

Hi,

with this error, i can say with my "new experiment in V8".. you have custom detail.view (or list !? not sure).. and maybe library (maybe) and maybe custom handler.
    have you : custom action-handler
    have you : custom detailView
    have you : load custom js library

If you respond yes at this 3 questions, then you need to rewrite handler, detail.view .. and maybe make compatible ES6 (or AMD not my skill) your library.

As it's front-end, maybe telecastg can help us... but for that, you need give more info.

I know, with my instance, library js (iban.js) is not compatible (AMD? or ES6?).. i have i don't know modify some "exports" and then worked.
    i have to disable custom detail.view (delete)
    i have copy function from detail.view to custom action-handler and then all worked.

it's maybe your case

Comment

I myself did not apply any custom view, but obviously the extension multiple link pro from Eblasoft does. When deinstalling, the behaviour of detail view is normal but of course without the benefits of the extensions.
      I guess Eymen Elkum (Eblasoft) will fix it.

Comment

• item
        item commented
        Editing a comment
        so my experiment is just..

V8 is for me "front-end" refactoring ... (back-end too of course) but front-end must be rewrite/adapt to new v8

Originally posted by item View Post
      Hi,

with this error, i can say with my "new experiment in V8".. you have custom detail.view (or list !? not sure).. and maybe library (maybe) and maybe custom handler.
      have you : custom action-handler
      have you : custom detailView
      have you : load custom js library

If you respond yes at this 3 questions, then you need to rewrite handler, detail.view .. and maybe make compatible ES6 (or AMD not my skill) your library.

As it's front-end, maybe telecastg can help us... but for that, you need give more info.

I know, with my instance, library js (iban.js) is not compatible (AMD? or ES6?).. i have i don't know modify some "exports" and then worked.
      i have to disable custom detail.view (delete)
      i have copy function from detail.view to custom action-handler and then all worked.

it's maybe your case

I don't understand what you are saying. I'm having the same issue and I can't figure out what to do. There is a source file in my module at:

Code:
      client/custom/modules/testmodule/src/views/user/fields/testfield.js
      The first line in the file is:

Code:
      define('testmodule:views/user/fields/testfield', ['views/fields/link-multiple-with-role'], function (Dep) {
      These are the errors in the console:
      Code:
      Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
      loader.js?r=1695481776:927 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Could not fetch asset 'client/lib/transpiled/src/views/user/fields/testfield.js'.
      at loader.js?r=1695481776:927:27​
      I have no idea what to do about this.​ The github issue related to transpiling suggests running node js/transpile, but that doesn't work in my development environment:

Code:
      /Users/.../Repositories/testmodule: node js/transpile
      node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1024
        throw err;
        ^

Error: Cannot find module '/Users/.../Repositories/testmodule/js/transpile'
          at Function.Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1021:15)
          at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:866:27)
          at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:81:12)
          at node:internal/main/run_main_module:22:47 {
        code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
        requireStack: []​
      Transpiling may not be necessary in a development environment. If that is the case, I don't know how to get Espo to use files which have not been transpiled. I've been at this for hours with no success. I am very frustrated.
      Last edited by bandtank; 09-23-2023, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have any extension running (third party). In my case that was the culprit.

• bandtank
        bandtank commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured out the issue. It was in the entityDef file. It was like this:

"view": "views/user/fields/testfield",

instead of this:

"view": "testmodule:views/user/fields/testfield",
    Working...
    X