Doubts about Upgrading to Mysql 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts about Upgrading to Mysql 8

Hi everyone, I'm thinking to upgrade the DB of m 7.3.4 ESPO from Mysql 7 to Mysql 8. Is this recommended? is it gonna be troublesome?

I'm finding this on the Sites documentation and I'm not fully understanding it. Do I need to change all the passwords of all the users? or is it just something to do once in configuration?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	91095
    Basically, my question is, would you upgrade it? or the hassle will be greater than the benefit?

Thank you all.​

PS: And of course now that I posted it I just understood that this is just for the MYSQL user, so that should be fairly simple and a single operation needed, am I right?
    Last edited by abisbe; 04-18-2023, 08:05 AM.

Hi abisbe,

Please provide screenshot of Administration -> System Requirements to investigate this case in more details.

Comment

Hi Vadym, I think here you have all the info you need.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	137
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	91111

Comment

I recommend upgrading to MariaDB. It has much better performance with some queries: filtering by teams, link-multiple fields, mutli-enums.

Comment

• DashingUno
          DashingUno commented
          Editing a comment
          Does that recommendation apply generally, or is it EspoCRM 7.4.* specific?

In our tests on 7.2.* MySQL outperforms MariaDB, we still opted for MariaDB 10.8.3 though, so for 7.4.* migration we thought we should switch to MySQL, is MariaDB more optimized in 7.4.* ?
          Last edited by DashingUno; 04-19-2023, 04:40 AM.

We have this too, since updating to 7.3.4 which is the nº of time these queries are called, and which is a Looot more than what we had previous of update, will this be solved by upgrading to MariaDB?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	139
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	91117

Comment

The first two should be called unless you doing rebuild or checking system requirementse page.

Comment

• abisbe
            abisbe commented
            Editing a comment
            Just so I understand it correctly, the first two queries would only be called if we are doing a rebuild or checking the system requirements page, so clearly there's something wrong with my system, am I right?

Thank you.
        Working...
        X