Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise for major upgrade (5.6.3 to 7...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise for major upgrade (5.6.3 to 7...)

Hi,
    We have not been upgrading our CRM regularly and are quite behind.
    We are considering making a catch-up upgrade now, especially as our use will increase, so better upgrade before trying to put new things in place, and multiply the number of users.

- is that generally a good idea?
    - is it better in our case to create a second instance, check it, transfer the data, then scrap the old instance?

we have little or no customization
    - are the formula in entities transferred through an upgrade? (copy pasting would also be easy between two instances; we really only have a couple of stuff)
    - we had bought an advanced pack; I guess we should buy it again now.
    - we use the mail chimp integration too.

Thanks for any advice,

Hello,
    my advise : from : 5.6 => 7.3. (if i remember!)

what's big change (here not code php) :
    - database collation/encoding : if you have many data, this take time.
    - php version 7.4 => 8.x
    - nginx, appache config have changed a little too for more secure but not big challenge.

In my case (because many coding/customisation obsolete with new version) :
    - new instance, new database, new espocrm. (go directly to php8.2, last mariadb)
    - copy custom folder from old
    ​- rebuild
    - test without data
    - (in my case, many issue .. so i rewrite all code for new version)
    - import only data from old (not database structure)
    - check error, if error in database (contrains violation), truncate table, redo import only data with deleted some data on old instance.
    - redefine layout.

For extension, certainly some compatibility issue, you need then new version

something so.. good luck.

PS : All info in on https://docs.espocrm.com/ and very good doc

Ha just remember, "multiEnum" have changed, .. you must run a command command, Yuri have post recently in response in forum : https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...8355#post88355 if you follow like me, else certainly not.
    Last edited by item; 03-10-2023, 10:10 PM.

Comment

you can still back up your current instance and database and try to upgrade (upgrade php) and if you use MariaDB upgrade to match current supported version. launch your upgrade and if everything goes fine then you won't need a new instance. if something goes wrong recover your backup and try a new instance and do what item has said.
      Definitely you should upgrade a lot of good staff you are missing from the last version.

Comment

Working...
      X