Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 7.2.7 to 7.3.2 does not work with PHP > 8.0.x

Hi yuri

I tested the instance upgrade from 7.2.7 to 7.3.2 with PHP set to 8.1.12. When i run the upgrade, it runs up to "downloading..." and then it just terminates without upgrading. I repeated the same upgrade with PHP 8.0.25 and it works fine.

Is there something i need to do for PHP > 8.0.x?

murugappan,

I don't know if my experience will be useful for you, but today I upgraded from EspoCRM 7.2.7 to 7.3.2 on PHP 8.1.2. Everything went without any errors, although before upgrading I did sudo apt upgrade on my Ubuntu...

Comment

• murugappan
      murugappan commented
      Editing a comment
      victor, I am using CPanel on a vps hosting serve with Centos Server. Also i run the script using root therefore i dont need to sudo.
      Last edited by murugappan; 01-27-2023, 10:28 AM.

Hi,

On testing further, I getting the following error in the error.log:

Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14976300 bytes) in /home/sysdev/public_html/wellnessclinicx/application/Espo/Core/Console/Commands/Upgrade.php on line 294
    I have set the memory_limit to -1 and also 1024M. Nothing seems to work. Its odd when i do the same upgrade with PHP 8.0.7 it seems to work fine.

Any help, please?

Comment

I encountered the same error when running the below command in my EspoCRM directory
      Code:
      php command.php upgrade
      Even though I have that directory set to PHP 8.0, I needed to use the exact path of PHP 8.0.
      Code:
      /usr/local/php80/bin/php command.php upgrade
      Once I used the exact path to PHP 8.0, everything worked fine. I also needed to update my cron jobs as well. Have not had any issues since.

Comment

• murugappan
        murugappan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,

I am using CPanel. Therefore i dont have to set the path for my php. Its already set. Moreover, i do not have any issue with PHP 8,0.7. The problem i am having now is for PHP 8.1.x

Looks like no one has any help.

Comment

Hi murugappan,

Everything points to the fact that the error is directly server-side. Please complete the following items:
        1. Increase the value of the memory_limit item in php.ini file (for PHP 8.1) to 2048M.
        2. Restart your server via CLI.
        3. Make a PHP info page as follows: https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/...e-phpinfo-file.
        4. Open the created page in the browser and see what value is set for the memory_limit item. It should be 2048M.
        5. Go to your instance, Administration > System Requirements and check if the memory_limit item is set up the way you specified it. It should be 2048M.
        6. Try upgrading your instance again via CLI.

Comment

• murugappan
          murugappan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, thank you for the feedback. My server guys fixed the problem. It appears that there was global limit set in the php.ini which appears to override the limit i set in the local domain. After setting the global paramter it works fine now. The developers of PHP were also helpful. Thank you so much. This topic stands closed.
      Working...
      X