Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From 5.6.3 on shared hosting on new VPS installation

Good evening all,

First of all, well done for making such an amazing system, ESPOCRM is really good and easy to use.

At the moment we have an instance of ESPOCRM 5.6.3 running on a shared hosting, with PHP 7.2, MySQL and Apache.

We are in the progress of migrating to a self-managed VPS with Nginx, MariaDB and PHP (7.2 at the moment, but will upgrade to 8.1).

I tried to move the files and the database from the Shared hosting and the database but it seems like a lost cause given the fact that I keep getting all sorts of errors.

How should I proceed?
    Is there a way to just install the latest version of ESPOCRM and then import the data on a fresh database?
    Or are we doomed to lose some data?

For us it's important not only to keep a list of all the accounts, but also a record of all the activities.

Please let me know how to best proceed

Thanks and Best Regards,

Originally posted by missionImpossible View Post
    Good evening all,

First of all, well done for making such an amazing system, ESPOCRM is really good and easy to use.

At the moment we have an instance of ESPOCRM 5.6.3 running on a shared hosting, with PHP 7.2, MySQL and Apache.

We are in the progress of migrating to a self-managed VPS with Nginx, MariaDB and PHP (7.2 at the moment, but will upgrade to 8.1).

I tried to move the files and the database from the Shared hosting and the database but it seems like a lost cause given the fact that I keep getting all sorts of errors.

How should I proceed?
    Is there a way to just install the latest version of ESPOCRM and then import the data on a fresh database?
    Or are we doomed to lose some data?

For us it's important not only to keep a list of all the accounts, but also a record of all the activities.

Please let me know how to best proceed

Thanks and Best Regards,
    if you don't move the whole instance you will lose data.

Comment

follow this https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...nother-server/

Comment

Hi Rabi,

Thank you for your reply.

I followed that but what happens is that the main folder says forbidden and the index.php says not found.

Various things have been tried, I assume it's just too difficult to make the files work on a completely different environment (from Apache, MySQL, PHP 7.2 on a domain to Nginx, MariaDB, PHP 7.2 to a different domain). Tried to change all the config files etc... but I am completely lost.

If I install the new version and drop in the database?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X