X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP parse error when installing 7.1.7

Hello.

I am installing Espo version 7.1.7 on Debian 11. My PHP version is 7.4.28
    When I attempt to view localhost, Apache redirects me to public/index.php as expected.
    However, at that point I am just seeing a blank page in the browser.
    The apache error log contains this message:
    "PHP Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/www/html/public/index.php on line 32"

I have perused this forum, and the only recommendation I found was to upgrade PHP to version 7.4 or higher.
    My PHP version is already above 7.4, but I am still getting this error.

Could you please help me debug this?

Many thanks!

Hi,
    update php to 8.0 (it's ok)
    maybe 8.1 some library not ready (maybe now ready) but espoCrm is ready.

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      EspoCRM 7.1.7 supports PHP v7.4! It's 100% true. When we state that we support a specific version it means that we really support. No other meaning.
      Last edited by yuri; 05-27-2022, 08:12 PM.

• item
      item commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Yuri,
      i know espoCRM support php 7.4.x .. but you drop version in next time.
      so this guy install new version and it's why install 7.4 ?

my response it's just say : install 8.x .. so your are happy for some time,

Best Regards

Hi,

I bet your php version is not 7.4 but much much lower. Create a file in the public directory:

PHP Code:
    <?php

phpinfo
    ();
    and open it in the browser.

Comment

Yuri: you were correct! the cli version of php was indeed 7.4, but Apache was using php5, as evidenced by php-info.

I issued

a2dismod php5
      systemctl restart apache2
      a2enmod php7.4

to load the correct php module. Now I am seeing the Espo installation guide. Many thanks!

Comment

Just to confirm - I had an earlier instance running fine under PHP 7.4 but was unable to upgrade using the recommended command line approach. I was receiving errors when trying to run the update but their meaning was far from clear. I installed a brand new 7.0.1 version and then ran upgrades on that to see if it was something in my configuration. All prior upgrades ran fine on that version - until I hit 7.1.7. Then I started seeing server error 500 messages. Not entirely sure why I tried it - but then upgraded PHP version to 8 and all upgrades proceeded fine. So yes, v7.1.7 does seem to require PHP v8+

Comment

Originally posted by Liudmila Mainzer View Post
          Yuri: you were correct! the cli version of php was indeed 7.4, but Apache was using php5, as evidenced by php-info.

I issued

a2dismod php5
          a2enmod php7.4

to load the correct php module. Now I am seeing the Espo installation guide. Many thanks!
          I had it the other way around, somehow my cli version was 7.0 and in PLESK it showed Version 8.0 i manually selected the php 8.0 version and it worked. Maybe this helps someone:
          Code:
          /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php command.php upgrade

Comment

Working...
          X