Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues after upgrading because of existing entity Action

Hi team!

Our EspoCRM environment contains an entity with the name Action (type Event).
    After upgrade to 7.0.1 we get an error when saving a record for this Action entity.

Browser: Error 404: Not found
    Log file:
    [2021-10-05 18:56:55] ERROR: (404) Action POST 'process' does not exist in controller 'Action'.; POST /Action; line: 87, file: /wwwroot/application/Espo/Core/Api/ActionProcessor.php [] []

On the demo environment demo.eu.espocrm.com i tried to create a new entity with the name Action, type Event but this fails with the following error: Error 409: Entity name 'Action' is not allowed. Controller already exists.

Our Action entity is very deep integrated into our configuration. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Leon

Look like you might have blunder using this name and since it become a reserve name (starting in v7 I assume) it will be bad if you try to keep the Action entity name while removing/changing core-code.

I think it would be a wiser idea to rename the Action entity to something else, then use the Label Manager/Translation to call it "Action".

As for how to change entity name, I'm not quite sure.

This post show how to copy one entity to another, basically a "backup" or duplicate solution: https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/post/clo...ity-in-espocrm
    Last edited by espcrm; 10-06-2021, 03:01 AM.

Comment

I'd rename your entity name. It's not that hard.

1. Rename all files named 'Action.*' (Action.json, Action.php) in the custom dir.
      2. Replace all strings 'Action' in file contents in the custom dir. Use command "grep -R 'Action' custom" to find.
      3. Rename database table 'action'.
      4. Replace 'Action' column values in database. It can be parent_type, entity_type fields. Use search in database.

If you have external APIs calling "/api/v1/Action/..." that you can't change, that's more difficult. But solvable I believe.
      Last edited by yuri; 10-06-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X