No announcement yet.

Upgrade destroyed something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I upgraded from the version I was running (5.8.2) through the various upgrade versions to the current version. I had to use UI upgrade. In maintenance mode it loaded on one browser but once I cleared the cache I got the think blue line again. Attached is the console view showing some errors.I upgraded from the version I was running (5.8.2) through the various upgrade versions to the current version. I had to use UI upgrade. In maintenance mode it loaded on one browser but once I cleared the cache I got the think blue line again. Attached is the error message from console.

Thanks,
    Marcus

Comment

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      what does it show if you click the "VM61:1" link? maybe it's outputting something when it shouldnt

• Fehu
      Fehu commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi tothewine. I'm not sure at the moment but will try that when it goes down this afternoon..

I have determined the error happens when I modify the following: Customization > Layout Manager

If I replace all files with a back up all is okay and the CRM is back online.

Does anybody have a list of files affected when a update is made in the Layout Manager. In essence, I'm modifying the lead page only and it crashes the CRM

Thoughts?

Comment

Hi there.

> Does anybody have a list of files affected when a update is made in the Layout Manager.

1. Download this upgrade package from here https://www.espocrm.com/download/upgrades/.
      2. Uzip the package.
      3. Investigate:
      - /files/application/Espo/Resources/metadata/
      - /files/application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/

Comment

When you make a customization in the layout, it clears cache, clear cache makes a modification in config.php. Layout manager is not a culprit.

So every time config.php is changing it's set to NULL due some reason.

Comment

Assuming you have 5.9 version

This invokes saving:
          https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...onfig.php#L216

https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...nager.php#L200

Not that $useRenaming param is set to true.

Comment

I've tried any things to upgrade to 5.9 but it only displays the blue line when loading therefore, I always delete everything and restore the backups because I know they work. I have further isolated the issue, as far as I can tell.

When I modify something in the Entity Manager (Leads, specifically) and add new fields to leads and then followup and add something to leads in the Layout Manager it causes the blue line issue. I used WinMerge to determine which files were different and then Code Compare everything points to the following: \custom\Espo\Custom\Resources\layouts\Lead\detail. json

Thanks.
          Marcus

Comment

I looked through the thread and could not find what version are you actually have.

Comment

Hi Yuri. It's 5.8.2

Comment

Ok. So my suspicion that it was caused by file renaming is wrong. 90% that the problem is not related with upgrading EspoCRM. I'd try to make a copy on another server just to test.

Comment

Yuri,

Nothing on my end was renamed in regard to the program. Is there a version 5.8.2 file O can download and do a file compare?

Thanks,
                  Marcus

Comment

You can grab all the version here or even track down the file changes from your version until the current version if you know how to use Git (I don't but have play with that function at one time, used GitKraken)

EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

• tothewine
                      tothewine commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it's "git status"

This CRM is junk. I cannot modify anything! I attempted to rearrange the menu items and boom! Blue line of death!

This used to be a super solid CRM but now, if I can't get this fixed I have to move on. I can't keep backing it up every time I think about changing anything on it.

Anybody!?!

If no answers does anybody know the best way to save all my data so I can import into a newer version. I tried backing up certain tables and keeping all of my custom html folders but that's not working either.

The updates are meant to make things better, not destroy 1-2 years of work.

Comment

I don't have any answers regarding the blue line issue, but this is how I have "restored" my installation when something goes seriously wrong and I need to "go nuclear" and discard completely the current instance:

1) Install a local server, if you don't have one (I use xampp)

2) Download and install the newest Espo version into the local server

3) Login as admin to test the local setup and make any adjustments if necessary, stay logged in

4) Use phpMyAdmin to export the remote (online) database to an sql script - choose the options "create table if not exists" and "truncate table before insert"

5) Download the "custom/Espo/Custom/" folder and copy into your local installation

6) Download the "client/custom/" folder and copy into your local installation

7) Download and copy to your local installation, if applicable, any extension folders:
                      "application/Espo/Modules/{your-extension}/"
                      "client/modules/{your-extension}/"
                      "custom/Espo/Modules/{your-extension}/"
                      "client/custom/modules/{your-extension}/"

8) Download and copy the folder "data/upload" (which contains your attachments) into the local server

9) Download the "data/config.php" file and save in your local machine, NOT on the local server (VERY important since you will need to copy the crypt key information to be able to retrieve passwords, and want to save your current preferences like navbar setup, logo, etc for your new installation)

10) Compare the local server "data/config.php" created by the fresh installation with the old "data/config.php" that you downloaded and update the new script as required with the data from the old script - MAKE SURE to copy at least the following items form the old script: "'passwordSalt", "cryptKey", "hashSecretKey" and copy other sections like "tabList" that will replicate your preferences.

11) Use phpMyAdmin to import the sql script created in step 4 into your local database

12) Run rebuild in your local Espo instance or use terminal (CLI) and run the command php rebuild.php

13) Your local installation should be now a mirror of you remote installation, so you can debug and run any tests until it works as intended.

Once you are satisfied with the local installation performance you can follow these steps to "restore" the online instance

a) Delete the existing espocrm (or whatever name you chosen to hold the espo instance) folder and the espocrm database in your online server

b) Download and install online a fresh Espo instance

c) Test the new remote installation, without any customization, as admin user and do not logout

d) Upload folders "custom/Espo/Custom/", "client/custom" and "data/upload" from your local server to your online server

e) Upload any extension folders (see step 7 above) from your local server to your online server

f) Edit the remote data/config.php script to make the same changes that you did to the file at your local installation in step 9 above

g) Use phpMyAdmin to import the sql script created in step 10 into your remote database

h) Rebuild the online instance from the Admin GUI or if you have SSH (terminal) (CLI) access type using php rebuild.php

Cross your fingers (it's a joke :-) ) and you should have the newest version loaded online with your data and customization.
                      Last edited by telecastg; 10-23-2021, 12:23 AM. Reason: Updated instructions for Espo 7.x

Comment

• punkyard
                        punkyard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        it worked perfectly for me
                        thanks a lot !

• telecastg
                        telecastg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You're welcome

Hi telecastg,

Thanks for the effort! It mostly worked. I have the second site running on another server with the correct data and updated to the current version. I really appreciate your help on this. I am going to reset the CRM and customizations tomorrow.

Thanks!
                      Marcus

Comment

Fehu,
                        next time consider:
                        1. running upgrade on dev version of your espo;
                        2. creating a backup before upgrade.

Many things can happen and if you don't have a backup you will be frustrated in case something go wrong.

You can create simple backup by yourself using simple commands on your linux server(if you have e.g. windows server, you commands will be different):
                        1. Prepare folder where you'll store backups, for example: mkdir /tmp/backups, mkdir /tmp/backups/files
                        2. Copy files of your EspoCR using command: cp -r ~/domains/devcrm.it/ /tmp/backups/files
                        3. Copy mysql: mysqldump -u devcrm_it -p devcrm_it > /tmp/backups/database.sql

You can also backup your whole backup using simple command:
                        tar -cvf /tmp/backup.tar /tmp/backups

Backups should be store on another server(if something go wrong with your production server there will be an issue), but backups on same server are better than nothing

Comment

Working...
                        X