Upgrade 4.3.1 to 4.4.1: Syntax error in manifest.json

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade 4.3.1 to 4.4.1: Syntax error in manifest.json

Title says it all, when I try to upgrade 4.3.1 to 4.4.1, I get this error: Syntax error in manifest.json

Is something wrong with the package? Thanks

Hello
    Can't reproduce.
    Try to download archive one more time.
    If it doesn't help, try to upgrade to 4.4.0 first, then to 4.4.1.

Comment

Hello Tanya, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't help. I downloaded the package 4.3.1->4.4.0 as well and the same error message pops up. Is there a way for me to manually upgrade with command line? Perhaps enable debug mode to see what's going on? I opened the zipfile and checked the manifest.json file but noticed nothing special...

*edit: tried with php upgrade.php /path/to/package.zip and got the same.

Code:
      Current version is 4.3.1
      Start upgrade process...
      Error: Syntax error in manifest.json
      Last edited by SpeedBullet; 02-06-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

no idea.. probably json can not parse "~" symbol. (but you are the first with this issue) Unzip archive, remove "delete" section, check if json is valid and zip it again.

Comment

Done, still the same problem. :s

I checked data/logs:
          Code:
          Espo.WARNING: E_WARNING: A non-numeric value encountered {"code":2,"message":"A non-numeric value encountered","file":"/path/to/espocrm/vendor/mtdowling/cron-expression/src/Cron/AbstractField.php","line":94,"context":{"dateValue":"55","value":"/2","parts":["","2"],"stepSize":"2","range":[""],"offset":"","to":"55","i":0}} []
          Seems like more is going on about json parsing as well in the logs (malformed json errors). Which extensions do I need to read json?

edit: Omg this is getting worse... I tried to clean cache from the espocrm backend and now I can't even enter the site anymore. I get this in data/logs:

Code:
          Espo.ERROR: Uncaught Exception Espo\Core\Exceptions\Error: "System user is not found" at /path/to/espocrm/application/Espo/Core/Utils/Auth.php line 108 {"exception":"[object] (Espo\\Core\\Exceptions\\Error(code: 500): System user is not found at /path/to/espocrm/application/Espo/Core/Utils/Auth.php:108)"} []
          What can I do?
          Last edited by SpeedBullet; 02-07-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Run rebuild in command line (cd [ESPO_DIR]; php rebuild.php). Then in browser go to [ESPO_URL]/reset
            If you still will can not enter the site, go to data/config.php, rename this file. After that you can reinstall the crm. Set the same database as you used before, when installer asks. But probably, admin has to reset paswords for all users, except own.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
              Run rebuild in command line (cd [ESPO_DIR]; php rebuild.php). Then in browser go to [ESPO_URL]/reset
              If you still will can not enter the site, go to data/config.php, rename this file. After that you can reinstall the crm. Set the same database as you used before, when installer asks. But probably, admin has to reset paswords for all users, except own.
              I restored the database to older backups and the website as well, but to no avail. I tried downgrading php (and all modules) and this did the trick. I restored the most recent backup, then tried again and everything started working again. Somehow the latest php version (7.1.1.1) on arch linux gives these json errors in the logfiles. Something got screwed up badly so I'll report this in the arch linux messageboards.

In the meanwhile, happy to run the latest version of espocrm! Thanks, super espo team!

Comment

Hi guys, it's me again (not again! ) I reported the php weirdness on the arch linux forum and apparently it's indeed the new version of php (7.1.1) that's causing the troubles. But I'm afraid the changes in php are normal and are here to stay, so it's probably best to make espocrm compatible with the newest version of php to keep espo up to date.

See https://secure.php.net/manual/en/migration71.php
                Last edited by SpeedBullet; 02-09-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Hi
                  Thanks. As I know, versions 4.3- aren't compatible with 7.1, but 4.4.* is. Hope for now everything is ok with your updated EspoCRM

Comment

Thanks Tanya, happy days. The upgrade 4.3.1->4.4.1 (under old php <7.1 environment) worked. Your message gave me green lights to update my php installation as well. Good news: the site works under php 7.1.1 just like you said.

I still have some Cron job errors in the espo/data/logs directory. You might want to look at that. It's possibly related (not sure).

Espo.WARNING: E_WARNING: A non-numeric value encountered {"code":2,"message":"A non-numeric value encountered","file":"/path/to/espo/vendor/mtdowling/cron-expression/src/Cron/AbstractField.php","line":94,"context":{"dateValue ":"14","value":"/2","parts":["","2"],"stepSize":"2","range":[""],"offset":"","to":"14","i":0}} []

Comment

Hello
                      Check if you have a schedule jon with scheduling starts with /2 and change this part to */2

Comment

Hello
                        Check if you have a schedule jon with scheduling starts with /2 and change this part to */2
                        cat /etc/cron.d/espocrm
                        * * * * * http /usr/bin/php -f /path/to/espo/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Comment

not this.

go to EspoCRM Administration > Scheduled Jobs

Comment

not this.

go to EspoCRM Administration > Scheduled Jobs
                            Ah yes that was the one! Thanks, is completely solved now.

Comment

Working...
                            X