This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If EspoCRM is not loading after upgrade

If your EspoCRM is not loading after upgrade don't worry.

1. Try to run rebuild from CLI:

php rebuild.php

2. It can be caused by file permissions being changed (for linux servers).

Check permissions of files:
    /index.php
    /api/v1/index.php

They must be 644. If any of those file has permission 664 you need to change it to 644. Use your hosting's control panel or chmod command.

chmod 644 /path/to/file

More information about file permissions configuration: https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...-based-systems.

3. Check errors in logs: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#check-logs.
    Last edited by yuri; 01-15-2023, 07:56 PM.

Hi

Thanks..

I have just moved my installation to a subfolder. Everything worked until I hit "clear local cache" After that only very basic html loaded, no login dialog. Attached image of file permissions on the root. Are they correct? (See attached screendump from Cpanel, File Manager)
    Or is it maybe the my .htaccess?

UPDATED: Is was the .htaccess in the root. As soon as i deleted that it all worked.. :-) (hmm!, Now I have to find out what is wrong with that .htaccess from Drupal)
    Last edited by dafnie; 03-22-2017, 08:40 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Comment

Hello
      possibly this helps http://forum.espocrm.com/forum/insta...o-a-new-domain

Comment

Hi, i just tried to upgrade from 4.5 to 4.5.1 and i get the following error
        AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Espo\\Hooks\\Common\\NextNumber::afterSave() in /opt/bitnami/apps/espocrm/htdocs/application/Espo/Core/HookManager.php on line 125

Hope you can help me, because i get error 500 on front end.

Comment

Hello
          Run Clear Cache from Administration if it is possible. If not, run clear_cache.php from your {escpoCRM_dir}

Comment

Hi, ran into same situation when upgrading from 4.8.4 to 5.0.2 and fix worked, thx.

Comment

Hello Yuri,

We've just upgraded from 5.4.5 to 5.5.6

As per instructions above and on other pages, we have

i) disabled pagespeed in apache,
              ii) checked permissions to ensure they are 644 and
              iii) cleared cache

After upgrade, we get the login page but when we login the page is blank and constantly loading with "EspoCRM 2019" footer.

We can login from a mobile device it logs in without issue but desktop & tablet its just constantly uploading with no content. Any ideas, is there something we have done wrong? Error Log attached (before upgrade), thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Taurai
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                what is your host value in data/config.php?

Comment

Did you try to run rebuild

php rebuild.php

Comment

Host value is 'localhost', port value '3306'

We have cleared cache and rebuilt backend by logging in via mobile, is this what you mean or we should run php rebuild.php somewhere else?

I've attached another log file, not sure if this helps.

Thanks again
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NonTau; 02-01-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Could you say when the error appeared and? Previous php report had records from 28/12/18 to 23/01/19, the last one has records by 31-01-2019. How did they linked? All your posts say that there is a problem with permissions. Renew all permissions according to this https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...-based-systems. Also, say please what version of php and DB do you use.
                      Also, you can debug a problem. Go to google chrome/F12 go on the "network" tab and go on the login Espo page. You will see a lot of requests. The red is errors. Make a screenshot with them and attach it.
                      Last edited by Maximus; 02-01-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks Maximus,

php version is - 7.2.7
                        database is - mySQL 5.7.25

We did the upgrade last week around about the 23rd that could be why there is a jump. Between the 23rd and yesterday we were trouble shooting trying all the various options. We finally moved from a shared server to a standalone server yesterday (as this is the only way we could disable apache pagespeed) but we are still getting the same result.

I have attached the main permissions screenshot and we will re-look at the document to see if we missed anything, I'll report back in a bit.

Kind regards

Taurai
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NonTau; 02-01-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Quick update,

There were a few files and folders with incorrect permissions. The hosting company ran the command to set the permissions, cleared cache, rebuild still no change.

When we upload the back up file before the upgrade everything works perfectly. When we go ahead with the upgrade it shows upgrade successful then logs us out and thats when the error/blank page starts.

The developers are telling me inside client, esp.min.js changes from pre to post upgrade. After upgrade something causes it to fail and they think this is the cause of the blank screen.

Does this help? Thanks again and sorry to be a pain, we've lost a whole week trying to resolve this.

Kind regards

Taurai

Comment

Hello all,

Another quick update, we didn't manage to make the upgrade work and have reverted back to 5.4.5. Can anybody else help us with the upgrade?

Alternatively, is it possible to add the Count function without the upgrade? Thanks again

Taurai

Comment

Hi, NonTau,
                              I have paid attention to the one little thing in your previous post that I haven't seen before.

Originally posted by NonTau View Post
                              We've just upgraded from 5.4.5 to 5.5.6
                              As per instructions above and on other pages, we have
                              i) disabled pagespeed in apache,
                              Where did exactly you saw this instruction? Maybe this was the cause of your problem. Please try to enable pagespeed and check it one more time.

Also, can you explain more explicitly what do you mean?
                              Originally posted by NonTau View Post
                              Alternatively, is it possible to add the Count function without the upgrade?
                              If that will not help check the browser filters on your desktop & tablet. For instance, javascript can be disabled.
                              Last edited by Maximus; 02-05-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X