Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Encountered: Upgrade Process Stuck

Hello Espo Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report an error encountered during the upgrade process of my Espo CRM from version 8.1.5 to the latest version.

The upgrade process became stuck at the "rebuilding" stage, and despite several attempts to resolve it, the issue persists. Notably, there have been no error logs recorded during these attempts.

Could you please provide guidance on how to address this issue and successfully complete the upgrade process?

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

yuri I was using v8.0.3 . till 8.1.5 upgrade process there is no any issue . but when i upgrade from 8.1.5 to latest upgrade process stuck .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	82
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	105220

Comment

[2024-04-22 04:19:33] ALERT: Rebuild database error: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1061 Duplicate key name 'IDX_PARENT_ID'
      [2024-04-22 04:19:33] INFO: Schema, query: CREATE INDEX IDX_PARENT_TYPE ON note (parent_type)
      [2024-04-22 04:21:03] DEBUG: API (42S22) SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'role.audit_permission' in 'field list'; GET /Role; Route pattern: /{controller}; Route params: Array ( [controller] => Role [action] => index )
      [2024-04-22 04:21:03] ERROR: (42S22) SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'role.audit_permission' in 'field list'; GET /Role; line: 77, file: /home/abc.com/eoffice.abc.com/application/Espo/ORM/Executor/DefaultSqlExecutor.php
      [2024-04-22 04:21:15] DEBUG: API (42S22) SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'role.audit_permission' in 'field list'; GET /Role; Route pattern: /{controller}; Route params: Array ( [controller] => Role [action] => index )
      [2024-04-22 04:21:15] ERROR: (42S22) SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'role.audit_permission' in 'field list'; GET /Role; line: 77, file: /home/abc.com/eoffice.abc.com/application/Espo/ORM/Executor/DefaultSqlExecutor.php

Comment

victor lazovic Please Help urgent

Comment

Hi sapyantuk,

Please try the following:
          1. Rebuild from CLI:
            Code:
            php rebuild.php
          2. Run upgrade again.​

Comment

lazovic when i rebuild it will stuck

Comment

already tried hard rebuild too . But it stuck

Comment

sapyantuk,

I was unable to reproduce this issue.

Do I understand correctly that you get the same errors (Unknown column 'role.audit_permission') when you try to rebuild the instance? Do you have a backup of your instance?​

Comment

Did you ever define additional indexes in metadata > entityDefs?

Comment

No, not Yet

Comment

Download 8.1.5 package from GithHub releases.

1. Remove "application", "vendor" directories.
                      2. Replace all files with files from 8.1.5 package.
                      3. Run "php rebuild.php".

You will have v8.1.5.

Then you can copy your instance and try to upgrade the test instance first. We always recommend to make backups before upgrades. This was supposed to prevent "urgent, nothing work" issues that are quite stressful. Solving such problems comes with a decent price in other vendors, we try to help for free.

Comment

i have custom entity, modules , and uploads data too .

Comment

I followed the above process but . The upgrade process stucks on rebuilding after copying files from 8.1.5 to latest .

Comment

The upgrade process stucks on rebuilding after copying files from 8.1.5 to latest.
                            - Maybe you didn't make a Rebuild after copying the files to a clean 8.1.5.
                            - It is also possible that you did not remove the installed extensions before the backup.

You can try the following steps:

1. Make a full backup of your current EspoCRM instance and keep it in a safe place: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...p-and-restore/.
                            2. Remove all extensions installed in your old instance.
                            3. Make a backup again, which will not have any extension installed.​
                            4. Install clean EspoCRM v8.1.5 instance. During installation, select your old database (you need to specify the base of your problem instance).
                            5. Delete /custom and /data folders from new instance and copy these folders from backup, which did not contain extensions to the new instance (backup from step 3).
                            6. Run Rebuild by CLI: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...mands/#rebuild. If it does not help, then run Hard Rebuild: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat.../#hard-rebuild.
                            7. If the previous steps are successful, then don't forget to update Permissions: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...n/#permissions.
                            8. Upgrade your instance from v8.1.5 to actual v8.2.3 via CLI: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...grade-from-cli.
                            9. When everything is upgrated and working - install your extensions again.

This solution is tested and has helped many community members, for example here: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/inst...7695#post97695.

It's recommended to follow the steps in this order. But you can try to install clean v8.2.3 immediately in step 4, and then you will not need step 8 (this is a non-recommended option).
                            Last edited by victor; 04-24-2024, 11:30 AM.

Comment

victor yuri lazovic
                              tried the solution provided by Victor and Yuri too .
                              still stuck on Rebuilding .

My Database Size is Around 28 Gb

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	40
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	105374

Comment

Working...
                              X