Blank Page After Upgrade From Version 8.0.3 to 8.1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Page After Upgrade From Version 8.0.3 to 8.1.0

I'm using CLI to upgrade from version 8.0.3 to 8.1.0. the page was blank and no error shown but only footer page. I also tried rebuild in CLI but not work, even i have check file permission and access group was correct. no error show in data folder.

Can anyone help on this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	223
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	101390

Hi edward7097,

Please try enabling debug mode for EspoCRM error logs: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#debug-mode.

Try also checking the browser console (press F12 key). Perhaps there are some errors there.​

Comment

Originally posted by lazovic View Post
      Hi edward7097,

Please try enabling debug mode for EspoCRM error logs: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#debug-mode.

Try also checking the browser console (press F12 key). Perhaps there are some errors there.​
      this is the browser console error below

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	101422 ​ ​

Click image for larger version  Name:	Xnip2024-01-10_11-45-36.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	101421

Comment

Have you
        1) Check your logs
        2) Change PHP?

Comment

• victor
          victor commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe edward7097 was using php 8.0 for EspoCRM 8.0.3 and didn't upgrade his php version to 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3 before upgrading EspoCRM to 8.1.0?

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
        Have you
        1) Check your logs
        2) Change PHP?
        1. No new logs in Data Logs folder.
        2. It was running with PHP 8.1 when I run CLI upgrade, even if I change to PHP 8.2, still not work.

Comment

edward7097,

Try to make a rebuild via CLI: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...mands/#rebuild.

Perhaps errors will appear in your instance error log.

Comment

edward7097,

Try to make a rebuild via CLI: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...mands/#rebuild.

Perhaps errors will appear in your instance error log.
            I had run the rebuild and also hard rebuild, it created a new latest log files with all the rebuild details only. the page still blank.

Comment

this issue has been struggle me that not willing to upgrade version for quite some times. really dont' know to solve this problem.

Comment

edward7097,

It looks like some files were lost or corrupted during the upgrade process.

In fact, the gap between versions is small (between 8.0.3 and 8.1.0 EspoCRM versions).
                Therefore, you can try to do the following:
                1. Copy the /data and /custom folders from this non-working instance somewhere to the server.
                2. Install a clean EspoCRM v8.1.0 on the server.
                3. Copy the previously copied /data and /custom folders to the new instance root directory.
                4. Make a rebuild via the CLI.
                5. Open the new instance in the browser.
                Please note that I strongly recommend that you make a backup of the old instance database before doing this, and also a backup of the non-working instance files: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...pocrm-manually.

Comment

edward7097,

It looks like some files were lost or corrupted during the upgrade process.

In fact, the gap between versions is small (between 8.0.3 and 8.1.0 EspoCRM versions).
                  Therefore, you can try to do the following:
                  1. Copy the /data and /custom folders from this non-working instance somewhere to the server.
                  2. Install a clean EspoCRM v8.1.0 on the server.
                  3. Copy the previously copied /data and /custom folders to the new instance root directory.
                  4. Make a rebuild via the CLI.
                  5. Open the new instance in the browser.
                  Please note that I strongly recommend that you make a backup of the old instance database before doing this, and also a backup of the non-working instance files: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...pocrm-manually.
                  Thanks for your advise, what you suggested is that I have to install a new instance and transfer the data folder and custom folder?

how about the database?

Comment

edward7097,

First, make backups of the database and files of the instance that is currently not working, and place them somewhere on the server. Making backups is an important task, so we can roll back the changes if something happens.

In general, you understood everything correctly. User files and data (configurations, modifications, error logs, attachments) is located in the /data and /custom folders. You can specify the name of the required database in one of the configuration files, which are located in the /data folder.

In order not to touch the current database, you can create its duplicate with some other name, and connect a new instance to this database, changing the name in one of the configuration files in the /data folder.

If anything is unclear to you or if you have additional questions, please let me know.

Comment

edward7097,

First, make backups of the database and files of the instance that is currently not working, and place them somewhere on the server. Making backups is an important task, so we can roll back the changes if something happens.

In general, you understood everything correctly. User files and data (configurations, modifications, error logs, attachments) is located in the /data and /custom folders. You can specify the name of the required database in one of the configuration files, which are located in the /data folder.

In order not to touch the current database, you can create its duplicate with some other name, and connect a new instance to this database, changing the name in one of the configuration files in the /data folder.

If anything is unclear to you or if you have additional questions, please let me know.
                      Your explanation is much better, I did a clean install version 8.1.0 and point to a duplicate database and running a hard rebuild. The CRM is working now.

I'm going to test it on this weekend for production site. Thanks for your help.

Comment

According the browser console error, the problem was that the web server does not serve the espo.min.js file. In v8.1 we don't use this file, it should not be there and should not be requested by the client. Maybe you had some customization that made the system request this file. In such cases, I'd recommend just copy and replace all files from the new version manually.

Comment

How I'd investigate this problem. Grep the problem file in your instance folder. Find where it used. It would provide more helpful input.

Comment

Working...
                          X