Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Open Tracking

Hello,

I'm currently using the tracking URL, but I can't determine who has opened the email I sent without clicking on one of the links already included in the email. For instance, if I've sent 300 emails, it shows up in the statistics as 300emails sent. Let's say 50 users have opened the email without clicking on a link in the email, so I can't know that these 50 have opened the email .

Is there a way to track the sent email without clicking on the links in the email?

​And the second problem is that I don't receive email returns, for example, for users on leave and unattributed emails .

I have included some screenshots
    Attached Files

Thank you for your help in advance

Comment

Originally posted by abidoss View Post
      Hello,

I'm currently using the tracking URL, but I can't determine who has opened the email I sent without clicking on one of the links already included in the email. For instance, if I've sent 300 emails, it shows up in the statistics as 300emails sent. Let's say 50 users have opened the email without clicking on a link in the email, so I can't know that these 50 have opened the email .

Is there a way to track the sent email without clicking on the links in the email?

​And the second problem is that I don't receive email returns, for example, for users on leave and unattributed emails .

I have included some screenshots
      The open has nothing to do with the link click, when you send email the system will include a tiny image usually only 1×1 pixels in size (literally one pixel) in the email body, making it virtually invisible to the recipient. When the email is opened, the tracking pixel is loaded from a remote server, allowing you to track certain information about the email.

If the open rate is 0 it means your email has not been delivered to the mailbox and instead it went to junk/spam.

> ​And the second problem is that I don't receive email returns, for example, for users on leave and unattributed emails .

Check out the configuration of the email you are using if it is set in the crm or not.

Comment

Hello Rabii, thank you for the explanation. So, what's the issue because I still have 0 opens in the statistics. On the other hand, half of the emails are opened by users. Secondly, what do you mean by email configuration? Does it mean that the outgoing email SMTP server should be the same as the email address used?

Comment

Hey

I think you might need to make sure that the tracking open is enabled in your crm instance. under Administration > Outbound Emails (Make sureEmail Open Tracking​ is enabled). see attached screenshot.

I have checked and it seems not a requirement to have the reply-to-address to be configured on the crm. it should work fine for any email you choose.

Attached Files

Comment

it's well checked

I conducted a test with 4 emails: 2 were correct, 1 was incorrect, and 1 generated an out-of-office message. However, in the statistics, it shows that the emails were sent, but in reality, I opened the emails from the two correct addresses, and they were not marked as 'opened.' Additionally, I did not receive an out-of-office message from the other emai
            Attached Files

Comment

• rabii
              rabii commented
              Editing a comment
              Is this a local instance ? or a production instance ?

• abidoss
              abidoss commented
              Editing a comment
              production instance

Open Tracking techniques are detected and blocked by most email providers AFAIK. It's good they do it as it's a privacy issue.

Comment

Apparently, I have found the issue. When I configure an SMTP server from an external provider like Brevo, I encounter this problem. However, when I switch to my provider OVH, everything seems fine, but the issue is that I can't send more than 200 emails per day

Comment

Maybe you can change something on your provider side? In regard to email tracking, there is also second technique of tracking emails. It's replacing links inside message with url's which are going through the crm and adding information about opening (because if link was opened that's mean email was opened).

Comment

how can i track emails open or not without sending links and pixels.

Comment

• rabii
                    rabii commented
                    Editing a comment
                    you can't. you need a pixel pic inside the body of the email in order to track if a recipient opened the email.

That's correct. These two are only ways to track whether email was opened. And they're not ideal. Both technics may be skipped, because user may have blocked external resources + he don't have to open any of links.

Comment

Working...
                  X