Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compatibility of database between versions

Good day,

Please can I confirm the compatibility of the database between version 5.9.2 and 8.0.2.

We've had a system running on 5.9.2 and would like to update to version 8.0.2. Is it directly possible to migrate the database from 5.9.2 to 8.0.2?

Are there any known issues or compatibility concerns that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Hi joostk,

Please upgrade your instance via CLI like described in the documentation:

It's highly recommended to make a backup before upgrading.

Comment

• joostk
      joostk commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Vadym,

Thanks for your reply. I might have stated my initial question not clear enough. We'd like to migrate the database of an instance running version 5.9.2 to version 8.0.2. The instance running 5.9.2 seems to have corrupt files, while we'd like to use all the data in the database.

Backup first.

Then I would recommend you to reinstall 5.9.2, import the database and copy/paste custom files, then start trying to upgrade through CLI.

You can try to 'nuke' method but I'm not sure how bad it may matter. I did the nuke between v6.x and v7 it still working today but I can't say the same and can remember experience.

Search for "Nuclear" here: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki

Comment

Databases are not fully compatible as occasionally we do some data migration in upgrade scripts. But can't say for sure for your case.

Running upgrade on your old instance is the best option. You can then migrate your DB to another Espo instance. If your old instance is corrupt and not upgrading, maybe try to fix it. It could be that the fix is not that difficult. You may post more details on the forum.

Comment

Working...
      X