Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What foldrs are the customization of espo saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What foldrs are the customization of espo saved?

I wanted to switch from xampp to laragon, the databse was imported correctly, but i don't have the same interface, as before, what folders do Espo use so i can paste them too..

You need the custom folder located in your_instance_name/custom. It's where all your customizations are located.

Comment

Thanks, will see it, also, if i uoload a picture to Espo, do you think it's uploaded to the database or just a link? So not to frow the data

Comment

Pictures are attachments and saved in the upload folder. They are referenced in the database.

Comment

Hi stayfi,

To correctly move from one server to another, you should pay attention to this article in the documentation: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...another-server.

Comment

Originally posted by shalmaxb View Post
            Pictures are attachments and saved in the upload folder. They are referenced in the database.
            Saved in Which upload folder? i mean not in he database? does it influence the size of it when i do a backup?
            Last edited by stayfi; 10-04-2023, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• shalmaxb
              shalmaxb commented
              Editing a comment
              images are saved in the upload folder. Yo see there lots of files without file extension and displaying only a number, these are the converted and referenced files relative to the databas. There every image is saved by that number (id). Because of this technique, ther is only litte memory used in the database, but the upload folder may be a fat one, depending on how many images or other attachments, like pdf you will save.
              The upload folder is essential for backup and migration.

Thanks shalmaxb​, I'll take a look and reply, because i don't want my db to swell.

Comment

Working...
            X