Create Custom Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Custom Field

Hello, can someone please help me with the steps of creating a custom Address field called NewAddress?

All I am trying to do is remove 'State' and 'Postal Code' from the Address field, but I've been told its not a good practice and it is better to create a new custom address field without 'State' and 'Postal Code'.

I tried following the process on Custom Field Like Name - EspoCRM Open Source Community Forum but it got confusing especially that its a compound/complex field like Address​

There is an address field extension. I think it will do the job
    Efficiently manage international transactions with our free address field extension for EspoCRM. Includes a drop-down list of all countries. Place your order now to improve workflow.

Comment

• JosNas
      JosNas commented
      Editing a comment
      this extension only gives you a dropdown list of countries. It doesnt allow you to remove the Postal Code & State fields from the Address field.

Address is a combination of Street, City, State, Postal Code and Country. All you need is to open the Entity in the Entity manager, Goto Fields, Add New Field, Field type> Address and give it a Label and Name "New Address" and put it in the Layout

Comment

• JosNas
      JosNas commented
      Editing a comment
      No my problem is not creating a new field to put on the layout. With your approach, 'New Address' on the layout will still be made of Street, City, State, Postal Code and Country.

I need 'New Address' to be made up of only Street, CIty, and Country.
Working...
X