Removing Postal Code from Address Field in Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Postal Code from Address Field in Form

Hello I am trying to remove the Postal Code field from the Address field in my Account Form. It does not have to be from the backend too just removing it visually on the form is enough.

Locally on Xampp: I went to client > res > templates > fields > address > and removed the postal code field's <div> from the files: edit.tpl, edit-1.tpl, edit-2.tpl , edit-3.tpl, and edit-4.tpl
    Result worked, as seen in the attached image (with glass background)

However when I do it on the live hosted version, nothing is changing. Even if I did Clear Cache, Rebuild Backend, refresh, and removing and readding the address field.

How can I fix it? (Live version has white background in the image attached)

that is not safe and upgrade safe option. i would suggest to create a custom field for the address and there you can remove postal code to avoid any issues. see https://docs.espocrm.com/development...xisting-fields
    Rabii
    Web Dev | Freelancer

Comment

• JosNas
      JosNas commented
      Editing a comment
      Even though I was trying to avoid coding it since it's something only requested on the frontend, I will try to implement it this way and update you. Nevertheless, I was wondering why the changes I made didn't work?

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      the change you made didn't work because espocrm need the build process of its i assets so when you make changes you need to build to compile assets.
Working...
X