Duplicate checking fields - V8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate checking fields - V8.0

I have upgraded to V8.0.0.0 today as I saw the duplicate check is now available. I have selected the fields that should be checked for duplicate, however I seem to be still missing something as I can stil create duplicate entries.

To give a background, I am using the default name field as my serial number field, as such this needs to be a unique field and can't be duplicate.

Is there something I need to change in the backend to prevent users from being able to update/create duplicate entries?

It will only do a Duplicate Check, it won't prevent from creating duplicate. You can use Before Save Formula to deny all duplicate creation

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
      It will only do a Duplicate Check, it won't prevent from creating duplicate. You can use Before Save Formula to deny all duplicate creation
      Understood thanks, sadly that is outside my scope of understanding in the world of code & Scripting, So I'm going to ask the most annoying question, how do I do that?

Comment

you will a code like this, add it to your entity administration > Entity Manager > Your Entity > Formula > API Before Save Script and use the code below

PHP Code:
        if (!recordService\skipDuplicateCheck()) {

$id record\findOne('Account'nullnull'name='name);

if (
        $id) {

recordService\throwDuplicateConflict($id);
            }
        }
        ​ 

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
          you will a code like this, add it to your entity administration > Entity Manager > Your Entity > Formula > API Before Save Script and use the code below

PHP Code:
          if (!recordService\skipDuplicateCheck()) {
          $id record\findOne('Account'nullnull'name='name);

if (
          $id) {
          recordService\throwDuplicateConflict($id);
          }
          }
          ​ 
          You are a star, thank you so much.

Comment

you are welcome Make sure to change Account with your entity. if you face any issues let me know

Comment

This should work w/o the script. The same logic.

Comment

To forbid bypass duplicate checking, one can use

Code:
                if (recordService\skipDuplicateCheck()) {
                    recordService\throwForbidden("No duplicate check bypass allowed.");
                }

Comment

you are welcome Make sure to change Account with your entity. if you face any issues let me know
                  Worked perfectly, changed entity & works for 2 fields that I need to keep unique. I get the pop up warning for duplicate & shows the duplicate.

Comment

But if you want to force the user to not create the entity when a duplicate is found, you need to add the code mentioned by Yuri above

PHP Code:
                    if (recordService\skipDuplicateCheck()) {
                    recordService\throwForbidden("No duplicate check bypass allowed.");
                    }
                    ​ 
                    Meaning when system find a duplicate if the user clicks on create they will get the error (No duplicate bypass allowed) and this will stop them from creating duplicated record.

Comment

But if you want to force the user to not create the entity when a duplicate is found, you need to add the code mentioned by Yuri above

PHP Code:
                      if (recordService\skipDuplicateCheck()) {
                      recordService\throwForbidden("No duplicate check bypass allowed.");
                      }
                      ​ 
                      Meaning when system find a duplicate if the user clicks on create they will get the error (No duplicate bypass allowed) and this will stop them from creating duplicated record.
                      Thanks, I will keep that on record, for now we happy with the pop up showing the duplicate. If I notice users ignoring that I will implement.

Comment

Hi, until now I used a custom duplicate check, which would be obsolete with the new function. With the above script it works.

Will I have to delete the scripts I used before version 8?

And is it possible to have a duplicate check depending on two fields at once?

I have an entity, where I organize exhibitions. Every exhibition has items, which are numbered from 1 to n. So one exhibition may have item 1 to 10, the other one 1 to 15. As it is checked now, I get a duplicate warning, when I place the number 1 in a new exhibition, when there is already a number 1 in a former exhibition.
                        So it would be necessary to have something like: If in exhibition X there is a number 1, it cannot have another number 1 (duplicate check warning). If in exhibition X there is a number 1, it may have a number 1 in exhibition Y (no duplicate check warning).
                        Last edited by shalmaxb; 10-22-2023, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• rabii
                          rabii commented
                          Editing a comment
                          AFAK you should be able to keep your custom duplicatecheck class as it is and should work even with latest version v8 and above, i am using a custom duplicate check for few entities in different projects and it works fine. here is a discussion with yuri about it https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/i...ent-1628924603

thanks rabii, I see (the linked discussion sheds more light on this function). Unfortunately the built in function is a bit limited in the fields, that can be used and creating more complex conditions (at least for me).
                        I will see, if I can build in the needed functionality into my custom duplicate checkers.

Comment

• rabii
                          rabii commented
                          Editing a comment
                          the new function is a plus for a non technical users. they can just choose the fields and the crm will map them in an Or statement. However the system allows you to always create your own custom checker as it won't be possible to cover all use cases with the introduced function. If you face any issues we are here to help mate

I got my custom duplicate check working, but only on update of the respective field. On new record it does not work.

Here is my code:

Code:
                        <?php
                        namespace Espo\Custom\Classes\DuplicateWhereBuilders;

use Espo\Core\Duplicate\WhereBuilder;

use Espo\ORM\Query\Part\Condition as Cond;
                        use Espo\ORM\Query\Part\WhereItem;
                        use Espo\ORM\Query\Part\Where\OrGroup;
                        use Espo\ORM\Entity;

class WerkeAusstellungen implements WhereBuilder
                        {
                        public function build(Entity $entity): ?WhereItem
                        {
                        $orBuilder = OrGroup::createBuilder();

$toCheck = false;

if ($entity->get('ausstellungsnummer') || $entity->get('vernissage')) {
                        $orBuilder->add(
                        Cond::and(
                        Cond::equal(
                        Cond::column('ausstellungsnummer'),
                        $entity->get('ausstellungsnummer')
                        ),
                        Cond::equal(
                        Cond::column('vernissage'),
                        $entity->get('vernissage')
                        )
                        )
                        );

$toCheck = true;
                        }

return $orBuilder->build();
                        }
                        }

The entity (and class) is WerkeAusstellungen, what means ArtworkExhibition. Every exhibition has a number of artworks, which are sequencial numbered from 1 to n. This way it is for every exhibiton.
                        In the exhibition I want to duplicate check the already manual entered numbers (varchar field), so that every number in one exhibition can appear only once
                        In the code "ausstellungsnummer" is that number, "vernissage" is a date field for the opening of the exhibition, which gives the condition, that the numer is for one certain exhibition.
                        When I try to update a number in a given list with an already existing number, it throws the warning for duplicate, displaying the other record with that number. Hence, it works as it should.

Though, when I create a new record it does not have any effect and so it is possible to enter an already existing number again.

Where and how will I have to declare a function to work for new records as well?

Comment

It seems that it is not working because you have an AND operator there, which means that both conditions should happen to apply the duplicate check (ausstellungsnummer && vernissage) meaning that there should an existing record that has same value provided for both fields. Not sure if this is what you mean because it is confusing that you have an OR condition on your if statement but you apply an AND expression on the result. when creating a new record do you need the new exhibition to have a unique (ausstellungsnummer) AND a unique (vernissage) ?

Comment

Working...
                          X