Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry about Sales Pack Features

Hello Espo Team and Community Developers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about a couple of features within the sales pack, specifically related to the sales quotes, orders, and invoices.

First Question: Automated Tax Calculation

I would appreciate assistance regarding the automatic calculation of tax percentages for products in the sales quotes, orders, and invoice sections. Currently, when adding a product to these documents, I'm interested in understanding how to configure the system to automatically determine the applicable tax percentage based on the product. To help illustrate my query, I have attached an image for your reference.

Second Question: Disabling Manual Product Entry

Furthermore, I have a query regarding the behavior of the "+" button for adding products. Currently, it allows users to manually input a new product name. However, I am interested in exploring the possibility of disabling this feature. Ideally, I would like to prevent users from creating sales orders with manually entered products, ensuring that all products are selected from the available options. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your guidance regarding these inquiries.

Best regards,
    ​Yubraj Kafle

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	252
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	96722

Hi,

You can write a simple API before-safe script that will check whether there's an item w/o a productId and throw a conflict exception.

I will consider such an option in the future. We have Sales Pack 2.0 planned.

Comment

Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices have the Tax field. You can set a default value in Entity Manager so that there's no need to fill it in every time.

When the Tax field is set, when you add product items, an item tax value is populated according the specified Tax.

Comment

Dear yuri ,
        I hope this message finds you in good health. I'm excited about the potential of Sales Pack v2.0 and the improvements it could bring. I have a few suggestions and feature requests that I believe would greatly enhance the capabilities of the software.

In the existing version of Espo, we have the ability to generate invoices, which is undoubtedly valuable. However, a significant aspect that currently lacks support is the management of payments and customer ledgers. To address this, I propose the integration of credit note functionality, customer ledger management, and customer statements into the Sales Pack.

Credit notes hold immense importance, as they enable us to manage product and service returns after an invoice has been issued. It's quite common that circumstances may arise where we need to accept returns from customers, and in such cases, having the ability to issue credit notes is crucial. A credit note not only acknowledges the return but also ensures accurate financial records.

By incorporating credit note functionality, Sales Pack v2.0 would provide us with a comprehensive solution to manage the entire lifecycle of a transaction, from the initial sale to potential returns and adjustments. This would significantly enhance the financial accuracy and transparency of our operations.

Additionally, the inclusion of customer ledger management would be highly advantageous. It would allow us to maintain a detailed record of each customer's transactions, including invoices, payments, and credit notes. This centralized information hub would provide us with a clear overview of customer accounts, aiding in efficient communication and transparent business interactions.

Furthermore, the introduction of customer statements within Sales Pack would be immensely beneficial. Customer statements offer a consolidated view of a customer's financial activity over a specific period, which aids both our team and the customer in understanding the account status and transaction history.

However, the aspect that holds the utmost importance for me is the implementation of a comprehensive delivery system. Presently, while we can generate quotes and sales orders, the absence of an option to create delivery notes is noticeable. A delivery note holds significant value in the sales process. Typically, after receiving an order, we process it and provide the service or product before generating an invoice. Thus, a dedicated feature for handling deliveries is crucial.

To elaborate further, imagine a scenario where we have a sales order comprising 10 items. Ideally, we should be able to mark one or more items for delivery within this order. Once a delivery is made, the corresponding items should be automatically labeled as "delivered" in the sales order. This step is essential to prevent inadvertent multiple deliveries of the same items. To streamline this process, I envision a button panel for creating deliveries similar to the existing invoice creation interface. This panel would exclusively display items pending delivery, ensuring a smoother sales workflow and improved order tracking.

After a successful delivery, the subsequent step would be to generate an invoice. Similar to the delivery process, upon creating an invoice from a sales delivery, the delivered items should be marked as "invoiced" in the system. Moreover, when generating an invoice from within the sales delivery section, only outstanding items left for delivery should be presented, enabling us to monitor invoiced and pending items effectively.

I strongly believe that implementing this process will not only enhance the functionality of Espo and the Sales Pack but also significantly improve our ability to monitor and manage the sales process. The delivery process, especially for businesses dealing in both products and services, is a pivotal aspect of operations.

In conclusion, the incorporation of credit note functionality, customer ledger management, and customer statements and delivery system into Sales Pack v2.0 would not only make the software more comprehensive but also empower us to effectively handle returns, manage customer accounts, and enhance overall financial visibility. I believe these additions would be invaluable for our business operations.

If my explanation of the proposed features is not entirely clear, I'm more than willing to provide a video demonstration to elucidate the functionalities further.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts on these suggestions and look forward to your guidance as we explore ways to enhance the capabilities of Sales Pack.

Warm regards,
        yubraj Kafle

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          The specification for Sales Pack 2.0 is already established and can't be changed (apart from minor adjustments). The design process of an application that requires backward compatibility (our case) is hard and not flexible. We are not capable to revise features of upcoming releases at this stage.
          Last edited by yuri; 08-23-2023, 11:08 AM.

yuri lazovic

Is it possible to incorporate "Date Start" and "Date End" fields within the items?
        I am interested in introducing two fields, namely "Date Start" and "Date End," with the intention of specifying the commencement and completion dates for tasks or services associated with each received order.
        The rationale behind my desire for the inclusion of "Date Start" and "Date End" fields is rooted in the nature of our business as a service-oriented company. To illustrate, consider a scenario where we have received an order for Financial Statement Preparation. In such cases, I envision the creation of new task records for each Financial Statement Preparation task linked to the corresponding sales order items and their respective entities. As part of this process, I would like to leverage the "Date Start" and "Date End" fields within the task entity.
        Is there a feasible approach to implementing these two additional fields and subsequently utilizing them to generate records through workflow procedures? My aim is to incorporate these fields for each individual line, as the different items may encompass distinct "Date Start" and "Date End" requirements.

Comment

yuri In current Sales pack. Validation is not working in items . i have made the sales order items fields Required but when i create or update the sales order . validation is not working . Required function is not working properly .

Comment

• yuri
            yuri commented
            Editing a comment
            It was not designed to work. In future it will be implemented.

yuri Is there any way i can achive this for now ?
          beacuse to achive my goal fields have to be Required

Comment

Originally posted by yubrajkafle View Post
            yuri In current Sales pack. Validation is not working in items . i have made the sales order items fields Required but when i create or update the sales order . validation is not working . Required function is not working properly .
            You don't have validation working in the Sales Order entity (when you add or edit a specific item) because you specified the Required field for the Sales Order Item entity and not for the Sales Order. Please note that these are different entities, although very related. To make sure the validation works, try editing the Sales Order Item separately from the Sales Order #SalesOrderItem/view/id_of_your_item.
            So we can conclude that the Required field is best done in the Sales Order entity, not the Sales Order Item entity. Or just wait for the Required field​ in the entity Sales Order Item​ to affect the Sales Order entity (yuri promised that "In future it will be implemented.")

I have a query regarding the behavior of the "+" button for adding products. Currently, it allows users to manually input a new product name. However, I am interested in exploring the possibility of disabling this feature. Ideally, I would like to prevent users from creating sales orders with manually entered products, ensuring that all products are selected from the available options. Is there a way to achieve this?
            Do you mean the ability to enter the name of a specific Sales Order Item?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	164
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	96818

Comment

Working...
            X