Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared "Account" data.

Folks;

I have a need to have some "Account" data shared across unrelated teams.

An example would be - when type = "XYZ" then I want all users to be able read (not edit) this Account.
    I also want the user to be able to link People, Tasks, etc to this "Account".

I have tried to achieve this using the 7.7.5 self hosted install that I have, but can not get it to work.
    I don't want a team of teams approach either.

Any help, thoughts, etc would be appreciated.

Regards
    David.

You want the members of team A, without the right to edit the account, to have the right to add tasks to this account (for example).
    In addition, did team A members have the right to add team B to this account, who will also not be able to edit this account, but will be able to view it and add tasks to it?
    Should Users Team A see lists of all existing teams?
    Do team A members have to see a specific account, or can they see absolutely all accounts without editing rights?
    Next comes the question of adding the tasks themselves: who and to whom should these tasks be assigned?

If you want the most accurate advice possible, please describe your need in as much detail as possible.​

Comment

victor Thanks for responding.

Team A can add tasks and link them to the account without the right to edit account.
      Team A can not add Team B to account, Team A and Team B can not edit/ add/ delete data for the other team.
      Team A can not see Team B or any other Team, unless they are also a member of the Team (ie Users can be members of Team A, Team C, and Team D).
      I want some Account data to be viewable by all Users.
      When a member of Team A adds a task, the member can assign the task to the Team, to themselves, or to another member of Team A.

I am currently thinking that adding a record set (new field) to Account entity called "display to all" (Y or N) might be the way to achieve this. I would then need to write some code.

Something like "If display to all = Y, then allow all users to see record, else do normal stuff".

Regards
      David.

Comment

- In Team A role, which will be added to Team A, set the following options:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	96438
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	52
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	96444

- Scroll down and find Fild Level -> Accounts and press +. After that, select all those fields from the entity Account, which will be shown in your Layouts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	96443

- For the Assigned User and Teams fields, put yes in the Edit column. And for the rest of the fields, set no.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	0 Size:	21.8 KB ID:	96441

Once saved, Team A members will have the permissions and capabilities you listed. Please note that the User from Team A will have the right to edit the Assigned User and Teams fields in the account only after Team A is previously specified in this account.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.png Views:	0 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	96442

More about Roles and Teams: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...es-management/

For Team A, like any other team, you can make your own Layout Set, which will display some required for the field: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...-teams-portals.
        You can also experiment with dynamic logic for each field in any entity: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/dynamic-logic/. However, you should not abuse dynamic logic, preferring the method outlined in my instructions.
        Last edited by victor; 08-14-2023, 10:16 PM.

Comment

victor Thanks, I will review and test.

Regards
          David

Comment

Working...
          X