Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with "Manage Folder" Option and Access Permissions in Espo Documents

Hello Developer,
    I am currently encountering an issue with Espo documents. In the role management settings, I have allowed permissions for creating and reading documents within a folder, while denying permissions for editing and deleting.
    However, when I navigate to the documents entity and click on the three dots located on the right-hand side, the option to "Manage Folder" is missing. To work around this issue, I accessed the "Manage Folder" feature through the following link: abc.com/#DocumentFolder.
    Furthermore, I attempted to create a new folder, but I received a warning indicating "Access Denied." It's worth noting that I have already granted permissions for creating documents folders.
    This situation leads me to believe that there might be a bug in the system.
    Thank you for your attention to this matter.
    Best regards,
    yubraj Kafle

Hi sapyantuk,

Please send screenshots of your Role settings. In my opinion, you have granted permission only to Documents​ and not granted permission to Document Folders.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by victor; 08-13-2023, 12:13 PM.

Comment

victor Please Check

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	96398

Comment

Manage Folder will appear for your User when he has access to edit Document Folders.

Name:	1.png
Views:	110
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	96410

Comment

victor We have observed that a Manage folder becomes visible to a user when they have permissions to edit document folders. However, in my situation, the user's role allows them to create a folder but doesn't grant them permission to edit a folder.
          While we can successfully create the main folder, by opening the link abc.com/#DocumentFolder we encounter difficulties when attempting to create a subfolder within it. Despite having the necessary permissions to create a folder, we are confronted with a "404 Access Denied" error when trying to establish a subfolder under the main folder.
          This inconsistency raises a concern: If the user possesses the capability to create a folder, it's puzzling why we encounter an access denied error while trying to generate a subfolder. This constitutes the core issue we are currently facing. Your insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

sapyantuk,

Problem with Manage Folders will be fixed in EspoCRM version 8.0.0 https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...fe6eaee919.​

But this Regular User must have the right to edit the parent Category/Folder: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...6409#post96409.

Name:	1.png
Views:	93
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	96647

Comment

Working...
            X