X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal email, mark read only if was read

Hi!
    Right now we have an option
    "Keep Fetched Emails Unread", can we somehow make it mark as read only if read in the CRM? Like most IMAP clients do

Thanks

If Email NOT read on the EspoCRM side it will NOT be marked as Read on the EspoCRM side.
    isRead is responsible for this function. You can also use Mass Update to mark an Email as read or unread at any time.​
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by victor View Post
      If Email NOT read on the EspoCRM side it will NOT be marked as Read on the EspoCRM side.
      isRead is responsible for this function. You can also use Mass Update to mark an Email as read or unread at any time.​
      Let's say you have your email setup in ESPO + on your phone (Gmail as an example),
      is it possible to have it setup in such a way, when it is just downloaded by espo, nothing should happen to the gmail, but when read on espo it should be read on gmail too and reverse, makes sense? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post

Let's say you have your email setup in ESPO + on your phone (Gmail as an example),
        is it possible to have it setup in such a way, when it is just downloaded by espo, nothing should happen to the gmail, but when read on espo it should be read on gmail too and reverse, makes sense? Thanks
        This issue has been discussed many times.

Viewing an email in EspoCRM does not affect email viewing on the Gmail side and vice versa. As soon as you fetch emails to EspoCRM, they become part of your instance's database. And the emails on the EspoCRM side live a separate independent life from the emails left on the Gmail side.

My description is quite primitive, but I hope it is clear

Comment

Unfortunately no, EspoCRM is 'POP' only I believe, it not IMAP where it access the server, retrieve upon open and mark as Read. All email just get download and store in EspoCRM.

I don't think there is any work around either, or Genius Lightbulb moment either, not even through API/Workflow extension can make it possible...?

Perhaps future update or extension can change this problem. Personally I don't see this as an issue with the current system, and have not try to beg for a Feature Requests (yet).

The only time I rush to open my Webmail nowadays is (1) need a Authentication code which I can't wait for EspoCRM to do a CRON job on, or (2) Some attachment or image is too big or missing in the email (I need to find way to fix this issue).

Comment

thanks.

This is crucial when you have your Gmail app, Mac Mail (outlook) + espo, you have to choose:
            Either:
            1.Gmail app, Mac Mail (outlook) + espo just to have all unread
            or
            2. Espo only

Everyone will choose the first. Why? Because if you read an email on your phone, you don't want to read it again on your computer and all modern mail apps offer this (IMAP) connectivity, so email becomes read on the computer.

This just makes tougher to get people on board to use the system on it's full potential.

And at the same time, of course I understand, it is easy to say, implementing is a whole another story.

Anyways, thanks a lot espcrm and victor
            Last edited by Russ; 08-10-2023, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Only way is Pull Request (code) way. But even then it might not be accepted.

So far it's working as it is... Maybe it's worth trying to convince employees to check their received emails in their EspoCRM profiles. Of course, this may seem strange or inconvenient to you, but I personally view my work mail in EspoCRM (as well as all other notifications addressed to me). I will say even more, that I have access to one of the work mailboxes only in EspoCRM and I am physically unable to view it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X